+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Mac Thread, Apple VPP Facilitators in Technical; Hi, I have enrolled the school I work at in the Apple VPP program and that has all been accepted. ...

Thank Post

Apple VPP Facilitators

Hi,
    I have enrolled the school I work at in the Apple VPP program and that has all been accepted. The next step is setting up the Facilitators to actually buy the apps. How do you go about doing this? It says that you login to the Apple Management for VPP and you can set them up in there. I can find no section in there to do this.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thank Post
    Has the VPP been approved by Apple yet? Usually takes them a couple of days to do so

Thank Post
    Thanks for the reply.
    Yes its has been approved, school have recieved the email back to say click here to review and accept conditions.
    Done that, it then says click get started to set up your facilitators. But I can't see anywhere to add these facilitator accounts.

Cheers.

Thank Post
    If you go to the link below it will take you to the login page for the Program Manager Management Tool, from here you will be able to add VPP Facilitators:

http://edu-vpp.apple.com/asvpp_manager/

To add "Facilitators or Admins" you need to make sure your Apple ID has two step verification attached to it.

Hope this helps

Thank Post
    Hi

I've had the same issue, is the 2 step verification necessary if the vppmanager account is only for registration, does it have to be tied to a specific device?

We normally set up vpp for the School before we do an install so we know it's working beforehand, do you know if it will let us use the same device for all the vpp accounts we create as we normally create them before the kit has arrived. Thanks
    Last edited by KTECH; 10th March 2014 at 12:54 PM.

Thank Post
    I'm trying to establish if the changes Apple have made changes the way we need to structure the registration/setup. Until they made the change the vpp registration ID was only used to register the School for the program and create facilitators etc so wondering if having to do the 2 step verification will affect things? :/

Thank Post
    Hi,
    Done the 2 step verification, it only lets me add admin accounts, no option for a facilitator.

Regards.

Thank Post
    Got this working now. Can now add the facilitators accounts. It was very bizarre. Couldn't do it one day, came to it the next day it allowed me to do it.
    Cheers everyone for replies and help.

Thank Post
    I have been going round in circle with this for days! The VPP site linked above just keeps throwing me onto two step verification. But the My Apple ID site either is down or, when it is up, shows me as having done the verification. To add insult to injury, emailing Apple support generates an automatic reply telling me that Apple VPP is the easy way to deploy apps.....!

Thank Post
    Any idea on what you did differently, as I'm having exactly the same problem with our school VPP. Can't see any where to add the facilitators, just an admin button that takes me round in circles. Have done the two step verification previously, but nothing changes. Any help appreciated

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Helenr26 View Post
    Any idea on what you did differently, as I'm having exactly the same problem with our school VPP. Can't see any where to add the facilitators, just an admin button that takes me round in circles. Have done the two step verification previously, but nothing changes. Any help appreciated
    I've managed to get this set up. The two step verification thing was the sticking point, as I had misunderstood what it meant and involved and I'd missed the part to set this up as I wasn't inputting the answers to my security questions. You will need a mobile phone that can receive SMS messages and ideally one of the school's Apple devices as well, with Find My iPhone enabled. The section on My Apple ID for setting this up is easy to miss - you need to look for the blue Getting Started link under Two step Verification in the Password and Security part after you have entered the answers to your security questions.

Anyway, Apple Support sent me these instructions which actually do work if you follow them carefully (I was very sceptical!):

"From my understanding, you were inquiring regarding establishing new Admin (Program Facilitator) accounts. I would be happy to assist.
    To manage and create Admin accounts, please navigate to the following website:
    http://deploy.apple.com
    You should see “Deployment Programs” after the site loads. If you look below this text and to the right, there should be a place to enter your Agent ID and password.
    Please input this information, and select “Sign In”.
    Once signed in, to add an Admin account, click “Admins"
    From here you should be able to create Admins for your account.
    If you are still unable to create these accounts, please navigate to:
    http://appleid.apple.com
    Select “Manage your Apple ID”.
    Please sign in with your Agent (Program Manager) ID.
    Please insure there is a valid address and phone number present on this account.
    Please select “Password and Security”, and input the answers to your security questions. We will now need to initiate the Two-Step Verification option for this account. This is required in order to ensure that your account is entirely secure.
    Under Two-Step Verification, please choose “Get Started”.
    Follow the required steps, and remember to retain your account security information. For additional information on this security measure, please review the following article:
    Apple ID: Frequently asked questions about two-step verification for Apple ID: Frequently asked questions about two-step verification for Apple ID
    Once the steps have been completed, you can navigate to the following address:
    http://deploy.apple.com
    Please sign in with this ID, and choose the “Admins” option. You will then be able to create new Admin accounts for your institution.
    For more information on the VPP, please see our step-by-step guide at:
    Volume Purchase Program PDF Step-by-step Guide
    http://images.apple.com/education/docs/VPP_Education_Guide_EN_Feb14.pdf"

I am now set up and have been able to add further admin accounts.
    Last edited by Andie; 4th May 2014 at 09:02 PM.

12. Thanks to Andie from:

Helenr26 (6th May 2014)

Thank Post
    Thanks Andie - I had like you overlooked the link to start with regarding the two-step verification, but I had managed to get beyond that point and set up the mobile to receive SMS messages, but I was still confused because it appeared to only let you add 'admin'. I've now realized that these are actually 'facilitators' - I wish Apple had made that bit clearer!

Thanks for your clarification on this - It really helped, as i'm now up and running, but I'm sure many others are still confused by this process

Thank Post
    just to add:

Programme manager's are now called Agents.
    Facilitators are now called Admins.

Thank Post
    I'm still having problems. I appear in the admins section of VPP and can add other admins. But if I'm logged in on the VPP and go to the Education Store all I get is the iTunes store for music and books - not the app store.

Quite frankly, this is driving me mad! Apple, if you are reading this, the VPP program is NOT simple! It is over complicated and confusing...

I guess I'll have to send another request to apple support. I've also been trying to find out how you can buy Apple VPP credit with a purchase order, as lots of places on the web keep telling me I can do. But all the Apple pages just tell me I can do it and don't tell me how!

Thank Post
    This is now officially a real headache, to the point where I am wondering if we will ever get this to work. I have tried logging in as one of the other admins. Needed to go through the whole My Apple ID and two step verification process again for this ID. But got an agreement to accept for the VPP, so looked promising. But once I get to the point of entering a search for an app, I am getting a blank search result every time. I have checked that the app exists in that name by going straight to the ordinary app store, but I can't get that app up on the VPP search. At some point, I got prompted to try a different store which just threw me into iTunes and the Apple ID from VPP won't work in iTunes!!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone in Edugeek actually got as far as purchasing apps in the VPP recently??? Help!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast