+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, Using Fusion 6 in unity mode. Windows notifications on top? in Technical; Hi All I am currently doing a POC for VMware fusion in our organisation to try to sell to them ...
    Thank Post

Using Fusion 6 in unity mode. Windows notifications on top?

Hi All

I am currently doing a POC for VMware fusion in our organisation to try to sell to them they can use Windows 7 within a Mac rather than having 2 seperate devices. Using latest Fusion 6 pro edition. The Macs are running a mixture of mountain Lion and Mavericks.

In testing I have created a Windows 7 machine and using unity I have noticed that if I am using Outlook in Windows and have a Mac application on top it doesnt appear to show the outlook notifications that appear.

Is there a way in unity mode that I can show certain windows applications on top as the priority. I been unable to find a setting at the moment. It just means if our designers are working with an Adobe applications in Mac OS, they wont see their notifications unless they remember to keep checking once in a while....

Thanks

Ranj

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,314 Times in 798 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ranj View Post
    Hi All

I am currently doing a POC for VMware fusion in our organisation to try to sell to them they can use Windows 7 within a Mac rather than having 2 seperate devices. Using latest Fusion 6 pro edition. The Macs are running a mixture of mountain Lion and Mavericks.

In testing I have created a Windows 7 machine and using unity I have noticed that if I am using Outlook in Windows and have a Mac application on top it doesnt appear to show the outlook notifications that appear.

Is there a way in unity mode that I can show certain windows applications on top as the priority. I been unable to find a setting at the moment. It just means if our designers are working with an Adobe applications in Mac OS, they wont see their notifications unless they remember to keep checking once in a while....

Thanks

Ranj
    I avoid Unity mode tbh, I have a lot of issues when using it and the problems are even worse if you have a retina display.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread