+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, Office 2011 Issues in Technical; Ok so we have a mac server running 10.7.5 running a standard magic triangle setup. I'm using workgroup manager to ...

Thank Post

Office 2011 Issues

Ok so we have a mac server running 10.7.5 running a standard magic triangle setup. I'm using workgroup manager to enforce policy settings to our clients (this is done by having an OD group which contains 2 AD groups to ensure that all students are being applied these workgroup settings). From here I am customizing several items such as the dock and limiting what can be seen in finder etc. These settings are working great, however I am having problems with getting uniform settings for Office 2011 for all students.

I am using the PList settings as mentioned here MCX | OfficeforMacHelp.com in the "Disable Office First Run" section as Often. Now I am getting conflicting results between our users. On one user these settings do not take effect at all. It shows the first run screen but won't let you actually save the settings. For another user the first run does not show, however it comes up with a different error when I run word "There is a problem with the Office database".

For both users I check the managed preferences through the apple menu > about this mac > More Info > System Report > Managed Client, and it shows all the MCX settings I have assigned with all the correct up to date info.

Any ideas on what's going wrong or how I can find out some more info to better diagnose the problem?

Thank Post
    I've managed to figure this out now. It's pretty simple now I think about it.

In each users user area there is a Library folder with Preferences folder inside. In there are the plist settings file. The test user I was using already had the com.microsoft.autoupdate2 com.microsoft.office files inside this folder, so any new settings I were making on the server were not being pulled down. Deleted these 2 files from the user area and it's now working.

Thank Post
    Nice!!!
    I was wondering how to fix it.
    Thnks

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread