+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, Imaging a Mac in Technical; Can we use the out the box install of Mac OS 10.9 to make an image of after we have ...
    Thank Post

Imaging a Mac

Can we use the out the box install of Mac OS 10.9 to make an image of after we have installed all the apps or do we need to install the Mac OS from a what use to be retail disc first(before it became free) and create an image from that install? Never done Mac imaging before and keep seeing different things said when i google.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    From what I can see you need to install the os first then install the apps.

Here's how to make a bootable usb key though

How to create a bootable USB to install OS X Mavericks - TechRepublic

rad
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Quackers View Post
    Can we use the out the box install of Mac OS 10.9 to make an image of after we have installed all the apps or do we need to install the Mac OS from a what use to be retail disc first(before it became free) and create an image from that install? Never done Mac imaging before and keep seeing different things said when i google.
    Yes using Deploy Studio. I didnt set up the system but I do manage the macs. Once it is built correctly, holding down the option key (Alt Key) will take you into the image mode. When you turn a mac on, holding down the n key takes it to network boot mode. Holding down the option key gives other options.

edit - I have Logic Pro X installed, the image currently stands at 45Gb. I have just installed 36Gb of Sibelius, but yet to finalise the image.
    Last edited by rad; 20th November 2013 at 12:07 PM.

Thank Post
    Setup how you wish your image to look on one machine, i know there has been issues with hard drive size, so it does help if its exactly the same was where you are pushing the image too, and then setup deploy studio, we have mac and windows on our macbooks and deploy studio is so good at imaging, takes a good few hours to get everything setup, but will make your life stress free when its time to recover a machine.

Home

I posted a lot of here when setting it up, so hopefully you may find them in a search,

Thank Post
    Deploy Studio is great. I'd also recommend putting Star Deploy in place in case you need to add additional apps in future... it's great!

Thank Post
    I find it easier to create an install disk for Mavericks using DiskMaker X. Use it to create a clean OS 10.9 image. Install all of your apps and get it exactly like you want it. Then run Onyx to clean everything up and repair permissions before you shut it down.

x2 for DeployStudio. Once installed, use a Thunderbolt cable to connect the DeployStudio admin device and your gold master machine. Start the GM machine in target disk mode and us DS to create an image from a volume. Create your workflow to image via TB or through NetBoot and you're in business.
    Last edited by Jwzg; 23rd November 2013 at 05:04 AM.

Thank Post
    If you want to copy mac to mac then carbon copy cloner is the easiest I've ever used. Used on 10.9 a few weeks ago, perfect.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread