Poll: Have you upgraded your Mac's to OS X Mavericks?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, Upgrading to Mavericks? in Technical; Just doing a quick poll to see if you have upgraded to Mavericks or not yet. We are holding off ...
    Thank Post

Upgrading to Mavericks?

Just doing a quick poll to see if you have upgraded to Mavericks or not yet. We are holding off till 10.9.1

Thank Post
    One thing to note is that if you use OSX server you must upgrade that at the same time. Otherwise you have mavericks installed but the osx server will not open as it needs to be updated. We lost our settings and groups in profile manager. Luckily we hadn't started using it properly yet.

Thank Post
    We've just had 10 new macbooks to replace the 6 year old ones that the Photography and Music teachers had.

They've come with Mavericks and I can't install anything else to them.
    They're playing nicely-ish with the our Lion AD/OD server. They get most the preferences.

They dont play with my current Deploy Studio setup (which means I've gotta update that before I can image anything) or the current Auralia music software (again needs an update)

Dont like this locking of platforms Apple are doing, the last batch of macs for media studies are M. Lion as they wouldn't take Lion.

Also SSDs are the standard now for MBPros 13 and 15". All our music staff have 750gb HDD which means they'll have to transfer loads onto external drives as anything above a 256gb SSD is extremely expensive.

A full Logic 9 & Sibelius 7 install is about 100gb.

But hey ho. They have to have their shineys.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jlucas View Post
    We've just had 10 new macbooks to replace the 6 year old ones that the Photography and Music teachers had.

They've come with Mavericks and I can't install anything else to them.
    They're playing nicely-ish with the our Lion AD/OD server. They get most the preferences.

They dont play with my current Deploy Studio setup (which means I've gotta update that before I can image anything) or the current Auralia music software (again needs an update)

Dont like this locking of platforms Apple are doing, the last batch of macs for media studies are M. Lion as they wouldn't take Lion.

Also SSDs are the standard now for MBPros 13 and 15". All our music staff have 750gb HDD which means they'll have to transfer loads onto external drives as anything above a 256gb SSD is extremely expensive.

A full Logic 9 & Sibelius 7 install is about 100gb.

But hey ho. They have to have their shineys.
    Drivers, they're a b*tch. Even if the hardware supported Mountain Lion and you have an already built Mountain Lion image it wouldn't boot because the OS gets forked with new hardware until the next point release comes out.

We aren't upgrading until the next school year. Our printer drivers, servers, and a host of other things would need to fall into line before we upgraded. This sped up OS release schedule might just do me in. At least there is a good chance future releases won't cost us thousands of dollars in licenses. Hardware will be the money sink then.

I have upgraded on my personal Macs and a couple of my "off-network" work computers. They all seem to be coping with it. Need to watch it with MCX if the server or client has a minor timeout or the network is slow you'll get a dialog box telling you that the machine is fetching Managed Preferences. According to Apple it's by design, but if my users see it they might think they did something to the computer and will send it my way.

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Yep all upgraded on my 2013 macbook air. Working great so far!

Thank Post
    Updated on my Macbook Air and iMac at home with no problems.

Attempting the schools Macs later this week.

Thank Post
    Upgraded both my Macbook Air and Macbook Pro and they are working fine, however my Mac Mini Server isn't liking it, Profile Manager (which is switched off with no devices enrolled) seems to be running and taking up a massive chunk of the CPU, which makes it VERY noisy at times, but since I have done a clean install of Mavericks, it's worked like a dream.

rdk

Thank Post
    Mavericks updates working fine on computers connected to the network (only half a dozen or so at the moment). However, we have had issues with VirtualBox not starting properly on the couple of machines that need it. Seems to be the only current issue.

Thank Post
    I initially put it on my Mac Mini, in my office. Works brilliantly and I have to say, a great improvement. I then decided to put it on my 2009 Macbook and it's flying. So much quicker than it was with Mountain Lion.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread