ste1988 (12th November 2013)
ste1988 (12th November 2013)
@mac_shinobi. Apple released 10.9.1 last night.
About the OS X Mavericks v10.9.1 Update
The OS X Mavericks v10.9.1 Update is recommended for all OS X Mavericks users. It improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac. This update includes:
- Improved support for Gmail in OS X Mail, and fixes for users with custom Gmail settings
- Improves the reliability of Smart Mailboxes and search in Mail
- Fixes an issue that prevented contact groups from working properly in Mail
- Resolves an issue that prevented VoiceOver from speaking sentences that contain emoji
- Fixes an issue that prevented iLife and iWork apps from updating on non-English systems
- Addresses an issue that may cause multiple prompts to unlock “Local items” keychain
- Addresses an issue that may cause Japanese keyboards to retain a previously used language
- Includes Safari 7.0.1
- Fixes an issue that could cause Safari to become unresponsive when filling out forms on fedex.com, stubhub.com, and other websites
- Improves Credit Card Autofill compatibility with websites
- Improves VoiceOver compatibility with facebook.com
- Updates Shared Links periodically when open in the Safari Sidebar
mac_shinobi (17th December 2013)
As far as I'm aware the previous version iWork are kept. They are in the iWork 09 folder in the Applications folder. So you can switch between the 2. There are some nice improvements in the newer versions though and you can see how they are geared for switching between touch and non-touch interfaces. Take a look how you remove and edit hyperlinked text for example.
10.9.2 is out! The combo DMG can be downloaded from here if anyone needs it.
Apple releases OS X Mavericks 10.9.2 with SSL fix, FaceTime Audio, contact blocking, Mail fixes « 9to5Mac
Source: AppleThe OS X Mavericks v10.9.2 Update is recommended for all OS X Mavericks users. It improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac. This update:
- Adds the ability to make and receive FaceTime audio calls
- Adds call waiting support for FaceTime audio and video calls
- Adds the ability to block incoming iMessages from individual senders
- Includes general improvements to the stability and compatibility of Mail
- Improves the accuracy of unread counts in Mail
- Resolves an issue that prevented Mail from receiving new messages from certain providers
- Improves AutoFill compatibility in Safari
- Fixes an issue that may cause audio distortion on certain Macs
- Improves reliability when connecting to a file server using SMB2
- Fixes an issue that may cause VPN connections to disconnect
- Improves VoiceOver navigation in Mail and Finder
- Improves VoiceOver reliability when navigating websites
- Improves compatibility with Gmail Archive mailboxes
- Includes improvements to Gmail labels
- Improves Safari browsing and Software Update installation when using an authenticated web proxy
- Fixes an issue that could cause the Mac App Store to offer updates for apps that are already up to date
- Improves the reliability of diskless NetBoot service in OS X Server
- Fixes braille driver support for specific HandyTech displays
- Resolves an issue when using Safe Boot with some systems
- Improves ExpressCard compatibility for some MacBook Pro 2010 models
- Resolves an issue which prevented printing to printers shared by Windows XP
- Resolves an issue with Keychain that could cause repeated prompts to unlock the Local Items keychain
- Fixes an issue that could prevent certain preference panes from opening in System Preferences
- Fixes an issue that may prevent migration from completing while in Setup Assistant
Last edited by Arthur; 25th February 2014 at 10:42 PM.
mac_shinobi (25th February 2014)
10.9.3 has just been released! Download via OS X or grab the combo DMG from here.
Apple Releases OS X 10.9.3 With Enhanced Support for 4K Displays, Syncing Improvements « MacRumours
The OS X Mavericks 10.9.3 Update is recommended for all Mavericks users. It improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac. This update:
- Improves 4K display support on Mac Pro (Late 2013) and MacBook Pro with 15-inch Retina Display (Late 2013)
- Adds the ability to sync contacts and calendars between a Mac and iOS device using a USB connection
- Improves the reliability of VPN connections using IPsec
- Resolves an issue that prevented Font Book from installing PostScript Type 1 fonts
- Improves reliability of copying, editing and inspecting permissions of files on an SMB file server
- Improves reliability of network home directories
- Improves stability when installing configuration profiles
- Improves login speed for users in Active Directory groups
- Includes Safari 7.0.3
10.9.4 is now available to download. There aren't many improvements in this update.
Apple releases OS X 10.9.4 with Wi-Fi fixes, wake from sleep improvements, Safari 7.0.5 « MacRumours
The OS X Mavericks 10.9.4 Update is recommended for all Mavericks users. It improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac. This update:
- Fixes an issue that prevented some Macs from automatically connecting to known Wi-Fi networks
- Fixes issue causing the background or Apple logo to appear incorrectly on startup
- Improves the reliability of waking from sleep
- Includes Safari 7.0.5
Marci (30th June 2014)
A day after I finalise my OS X image for next year. Son of a
Something to watch out for when 10.9.5 is released (if you have Gatekeeper enabled)...
Source: AppleChanges in OS X 10.9.5 and Yosemite Developer Preview 5
Beginning with OS X version 10.9.5, there will be changes in how OS X recognizes signed apps. Version 1 signatures created with OS X versions prior to Mavericks will no longer be recognized by Gatekeeper and are considered obsolete.
For your apps to run on updated versions of OS X they must be signed on OS X version 10.9 or later and thus have a version 2 signature.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)