ste1988 (12th November 2013)
ste1988 (12th November 2013)
@mac_shinobi. Apple released 10.9.1 last night.
About the OS X Mavericks v10.9.1 Update
The OS X Mavericks v10.9.1 Update is recommended for all OS X Mavericks users. It improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac. This update includes:
- Improved support for Gmail in OS X Mail, and fixes for users with custom Gmail settings
- Improves the reliability of Smart Mailboxes and search in Mail
- Fixes an issue that prevented contact groups from working properly in Mail
- Resolves an issue that prevented VoiceOver from speaking sentences that contain emoji
- Fixes an issue that prevented iLife and iWork apps from updating on non-English systems
- Addresses an issue that may cause multiple prompts to unlock “Local items” keychain
- Addresses an issue that may cause Japanese keyboards to retain a previously used language
- Includes Safari 7.0.1
- Fixes an issue that could cause Safari to become unresponsive when filling out forms on fedex.com, stubhub.com, and other websites
- Improves Credit Card Autofill compatibility with websites
- Improves VoiceOver compatibility with facebook.com
- Updates Shared Links periodically when open in the Safari Sidebar
mac_shinobi (17th December 2013)
As far as I'm aware the previous version iWork are kept. They are in the iWork 09 folder in the Applications folder. So you can switch between the 2. There are some nice improvements in the newer versions though and you can see how they are geared for switching between touch and non-touch interfaces. Take a look how you remove and edit hyperlinked text for example.
10.9.2 is out! The combo DMG can be downloaded from here if anyone needs it.
Apple releases OS X Mavericks 10.9.2 with SSL fix, FaceTime Audio, contact blocking, Mail fixes « 9to5Mac
Source: AppleThe OS X Mavericks v10.9.2 Update is recommended for all OS X Mavericks users. It improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac. This update:
- Adds the ability to make and receive FaceTime audio calls
- Adds call waiting support for FaceTime audio and video calls
- Adds the ability to block incoming iMessages from individual senders
- Includes general improvements to the stability and compatibility of Mail
- Improves the accuracy of unread counts in Mail
- Resolves an issue that prevented Mail from receiving new messages from certain providers
- Improves AutoFill compatibility in Safari
- Fixes an issue that may cause audio distortion on certain Macs
- Improves reliability when connecting to a file server using SMB2
- Fixes an issue that may cause VPN connections to disconnect
- Improves VoiceOver navigation in Mail and Finder
- Improves VoiceOver reliability when navigating websites
- Improves compatibility with Gmail Archive mailboxes
- Includes improvements to Gmail labels
- Improves Safari browsing and Software Update installation when using an authenticated web proxy
- Fixes an issue that could cause the Mac App Store to offer updates for apps that are already up to date
- Improves the reliability of diskless NetBoot service in OS X Server
- Fixes braille driver support for specific HandyTech displays
- Resolves an issue when using Safe Boot with some systems
- Improves ExpressCard compatibility for some MacBook Pro 2010 models
- Resolves an issue which prevented printing to printers shared by Windows XP
- Resolves an issue with Keychain that could cause repeated prompts to unlock the Local Items keychain
- Fixes an issue that could prevent certain preference panes from opening in System Preferences
- Fixes an issue that may prevent migration from completing while in Setup Assistant
Last edited by Arthur; 25th February 2014 at 11:42 PM.
mac_shinobi (25th February 2014)
10.9.3 has just been released! Download via OS X or grab the combo DMG from here.
Apple Releases OS X 10.9.3 With Enhanced Support for 4K Displays, Syncing Improvements « MacRumours
The OS X Mavericks 10.9.3 Update is recommended for all Mavericks users. It improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac. This update:
- Improves 4K display support on Mac Pro (Late 2013) and MacBook Pro with 15-inch Retina Display (Late 2013)
- Adds the ability to sync contacts and calendars between a Mac and iOS device using a USB connection
- Improves the reliability of VPN connections using IPsec
- Resolves an issue that prevented Font Book from installing PostScript Type 1 fonts
- Improves reliability of copying, editing and inspecting permissions of files on an SMB file server
- Improves reliability of network home directories
- Improves stability when installing configuration profiles
- Improves login speed for users in Active Directory groups
- Includes Safari 7.0.3
mac_shinobi (19th September 2014)
10.9.4 is now available to download. There aren't many improvements in this update.
Apple releases OS X 10.9.4 with Wi-Fi fixes, wake from sleep improvements, Safari 7.0.5 « MacRumours
The OS X Mavericks 10.9.4 Update is recommended for all Mavericks users. It improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac. This update:
- Fixes an issue that prevented some Macs from automatically connecting to known Wi-Fi networks
- Fixes issue causing the background or Apple logo to appear incorrectly on startup
- Improves the reliability of waking from sleep
- Includes Safari 7.0.5
A day after I finalise my OS X image for next year. Son of a
Something to watch out for when 10.9.5 is released (if you have Gatekeeper enabled)...
Source: AppleChanges in OS X 10.9.5 and Yosemite Developer Preview 5
Beginning with OS X version 10.9.5, there will be changes in how OS X recognizes signed apps. Version 1 signatures created with OS X versions prior to Mavericks will no longer be recognized by Gatekeeper and are considered obsolete.
For your apps to run on updated versions of OS X they must be signed on OS X version 10.9 or later and thus have a version 2 signature.
10.9.5 has just been released. Apparently it contains a fix for the SMB-related issues people have been having.
@Sheridan @HodgeHi Thought you might be interested.The OS X Mavericks v10.9.5 Update is recommended for all OS X Mavericks users. It improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac. This update:
- Improves the reliability of VPN connections that use USB smart cards for authentication
- Improves the reliability of accessing files located on an SMB server
- Includes Safari 7.0.6
For enterprise customers, this update:
- Fixes an issue with group membership in large network groups, that also might prevent administrators from performing some administrative tasks successfully.
- Allows for faster authentication when roaming on 802.1x networks which use EAP-TLS.
Last edited by Arthur; 18th September 2014 at 08:55 PM.
Probably the final update for Mavericks as Yosemite is rumoured next month alongside new Macs (MacMini please!) and maybe even a new iPad Mini.
That SMB fix is going to be so useful!
I'm waiting for Yosemite. Mavericks is less windows friendly than previous osx versions so hopefully the new OS will help with SMB / folder redirects etc..
I have seen 10.9.5 exhibit the same issues as the previous versions where you can create folders on the desktop but they disappear immediately requiring a propagation of permissions to be able view them again.
Not sure if it has been completing fixed and Im not sure whether it can be fixed in this version as there have been so many attempts. Maybe it needs a re-write (10.10)?
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)