+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, Mac in an AD environment in Technical; Hi there Hoping someone can help me, I have currently got a test setup going with some virtual machines to ...

Thank Post

Mac in an AD environment

Hi there

Hoping someone can help me, I have currently got a test setup going with some virtual machines to try and get a Mac to work with a windows server, I have finally gotten it to map the users folders to documents, music etc, however when I log on as a user on the mac in the home folder for that user it creates lots of folders, Public, library etc is there anyway of stopping these folders from auto creating and stopping them from being able to access these areas?

Whilst I have your attention when I log the user off (not shutdown) it removes the option to log on as a different network user. Is this something I'm doing wrong or is it good old apple making everything look simple and easy yet it is fricking impossible!!

Thanks

Thank Post
    You cannot stop Mac creating those folders. They are like My Documents on Windows, they just exist. If students use GarageBand on the Mac, it will put all the files into their newly created "Music" folder. They need to have access to them!

About your other question, I have no idea!

Thank Post
    With regard to the different network user .. if you wait a little while, an arrow appears net to the user. Clicking the arrow will let you log in as a different network user.
    I have yet to discover if you can get this to show immediately, as waiting is a PITA!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by scotyboy56 View Post
    Hi there

Hoping someone can help me, I have currently got a test setup going with some virtual machines to try and get a Mac to work with a windows server, I have finally gotten it to map the users folders to documents, music etc......
    @scotyboy56

I am currently trying to do exactly what you have managed to achieve. I have been searching the net everywhere for this solution. Are you able to share with me how you have managed to get this working? I have been trying to do this for months pulling my hair out!

Thanks

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dan41322 View Post
    @scotyboy56

I am currently trying to do exactly what you have managed to achieve. I have been searching the net everywhere for this solution. Are you able to share with me how you have managed to get this working? I have been trying to do this for months pulling my hair out!

Thanks
    I have sent you a PM

6. Thanks to scotyboy56 from:

dan41322 (16th October 2013)

Thank Post
    @scotyboy56 would you be able to share how you managed to get the users home folder mapped, i've currently got the users home drive showing up in the dock, but when they try and save something they just get redirected to the local home drive that's made when they logon. I want the local home drive to point to their network home drive.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread