+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, Paid Apps not install when synced with Apple Configurator in Technical; On the ipad I did as a test, under Apps>"Not on this Ipad" I can see the paid apps and ...

Thank Post

Paid Apps not install when synced with Apple Configurator

On the ipad I did as a test, under Apps>"Not on this Ipad" I can see the paid apps and install them from there if I tap the cloud icon. Is this the correct method? Why would it install this way but not from A.C.? If I do this for all the Ipads will I hit a licenses issue or am I ok since its been paid?

In Configurator the paid apps have a triangle with an exclamation point in it next to them, indicating I need a redemption code. They were obviously paid for by whoever originally downloaded them but why when I try to put them back on the ipads does this happen?

(NOTE:The previous tech did a factory reset on every ipad before I came (thank you previous tech ) I am new to the whole apple configurator/sync cart deal.)

i

Thank Post
    Have you made sure that the apps where brought through VPP (Volume Purchase Programme). As I know when I was doing this an app my boss had brought on his account wouldn't go onto the schools iPads as it wasnt purchased through VPP. The redemption codes also seem like its an issue with not being from VPP as when you buy the apps via VPP you get a redemtion code in order to give to other people (say staff) so as they can download the app for free

Hope that helps

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by scotyboy56 View Post
    Have you made sure that the apps where brought through VPP (Volume Purchase Programme). As I know when I was doing this an app my boss had brought on his account wouldn't go onto the schools iPads as it wasnt purchased through VPP. The redemption codes also seem like its an issue with not being from VPP as when you buy the apps via VPP you get a redemtion code in order to give to other people (say staff) so as they can download the app for free

Hope that helps
    Hi Scotyboy56,

I would say yes to the fact that the current apps on the macbook were purchased that way. They are going to change the way things are done with purchasing apps but I just wanted to load things with what we have now. So as long as the apps we currently have were purchased with the VPP I should be ok? As far as purchasing new apps I will cross that bridge when we come to it. I was just unsure if I loaded the ipads that I would hit a licenses limit or charge the district unknowingly (thus being responsible for the charges) Haha

Thank Post
    Okay the only other thing I can think off is to make sure that you are logged into the account that used the VPP and not another one, other than that I'm stuck sorry.

The only way I know to put paid apps on the iPad via apple configurator is to have purchased them via VPP so you will be stuck when you stop doing that, it might be worth looking at full blown management software if that is the case for you <http://www.lightspeedsystems.com/en-uk/> I have never used it but I have heard that it is good, so might be worth a look into.

They won't be charged extra im 90% sure of that, unless you go and buy more licences.

Sorry I couldn't be any more help

Thank Post
    Thanks Scoty. You were helpful. I'm not sure why they were all reset. (Nobody here is) I just sort of inherited the administration of these things so I'm learning as I go. Normally I try a few different things until I figure it out but with an organizations money involved it sort of changes things. I hope the "change" coming means I wont have to deal with purchasing apps but in the event I am I know I need to get familiar with the process.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread