+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, JAMF casper suite and Centrify in Technical; Hi, We are looking at these pieces of software to help simplify the admin of the 300 or so AD ...
    Thank Post

JAMF casper suite and Centrify

Hi,

We are looking at these pieces of software to help simplify the admin of the 300 or so AD connected MAC's we have on our Windows network, from what we can see the JAMF suite is based around deployment and software management in the main part and the Centrify is based more around policies and configuration.

Does anyone use these pieces of software and would care to give any feedback (good or bad) about them?

From the pricing we have had back so far regarding annual costs after the first year the JAMF is definitely a winner on price at circa 2.5k per year compared with the Centrify at circa 8k but price isn't necessarily the deciding factor.

TIA

Thank Post
    I personally use DeployStudio for deployment, as I believe it is provides everything I need for deployment for free, maybe not a feature rich as JAMF, but for free, who can complain?

For that sort of money, I would rather go with a Mac Server (At the moment, it is only the Mac Mini Server on sale, as the Pro is yet to be released) and link that up to your AD.

3. Thanks to TomCollins from:

old_n07 (11th October 2013)

Thank Post
    Thank's for the reply Tom, we currently run 3 Mac servers linked up to AD and use DeployStudio, all our MAC's are fully AD integrated and we don't run any local machine accounts. The solution we have works but we were just looking at other options to see if we could make the MAC admin role any easier or better.

We liked the look of the modular build qualities in Jamf that are similar to the way we deploy windows at the moment via MDT so we don't have to have an image for each classroom but we were wondering if anyone has any experience of using the solution to see if it actually works or weather we should stay doing it the way we are.

Also another one to throw into the mix is the open source solution Munki, if anyone has any experience of that I'd be happy to hear it too.

Thank Post
    Hi,

We have Jamf Casper suite and embeds into A.D.
    Deploystudio is used to build the mac's onto the network and then Jamf JSS configures the settings similar to what group policy would do.

If you want further information on what we have please get in touch.

6. Thanks to gpjt from:

old_n07 (11th October 2013)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread