+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Mac Thread, Xerox Phaser printer continuously gets paused error in Technical; On our lab machines randomly users will get that the printer is paused. One user can get the error that ...

Thank Post

Xerox Phaser printer continuously gets paused error

On our lab machines randomly users will get that the printer is paused. One user can get the error that the printer is paused but the person next to them might be able to print fine. Also, all our teachers have access to the printer from their room and no one has complained about this error. So it seems to only be occurring in the lab. Anyone ever have this issue?

Thank Post
    Check the driver, if not delete and reinstall we had this issue on one of our Macs and this cleared it I dont know how you have added it but installing via IP address rather than searching can help as well this has worked for us in the past also

Thank Post
    On of my schools has a phaser and we had lots of odd issues. It turned out that some settings hidden away in the drivers need to be changed from the defaults even if using the original ones supplied by zerox.

Annoyingly I can not find the info but do remember the PS driver is best, notifications needs to be turned off which is in config, bi-directional com. Some setting about how the driver communicates (raw) etc needs to be changed but just can not remember.

I will post back if I find the info.

Thank Post
    OK thanks. I had a teacher try to print this morning and it was paused. I hit resume and it said they were not in the print operator group (or something to that effect). Once I hit resume I had to login as an admin. After that all the stuck jobs for the past few days were spit out.

Thank Post
    The pausing is a per machine thing. If the printer runs into any issues it will pause and if the users are not admin users you can't seem to resume things. I've had the same exact issue in my labs with both a Xerox Phaser and a couple of different Lexmark printers. In all those cases I just have to ARD in or go the machine locally and resume the queue. I don't think this is a Xerox specific thing, I think this is a Mountain Lion issue personally ...

Thank Post
    I don't seem to have any issues with our color laser (HP). Constant issues with this Xerox though.

Thank Post
    Well as I say it happens with our Lexmarks as well. Not sure what they might have in common except that maybe they both have crappy drivers :/

Thank Post
    It has to be the driver (even though I'm using theirs). Every user also gets an error that the printer is out of paper even though it isn't and prints fine.

Thank Post
    Ok it started today now with the HP so perhaps it isn't a driver issue.

Thank Post
    Funny enough it hasn't happened in our labs for a while now (and I didn't change any configurations). I'm thinking that it might be a networking thing, if there's a hiccup at the wrong time maybe it pauses the queues and then starts the chaos ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by edutech4schools View Post
    On of my schools has a phaser and we had lots of odd issues. It turned out that some settings hidden away in the drivers need to be changed from the defaults even if using the original ones supplied by zerox.

Annoyingly I can not find the info but do remember the PS driver is best, notifications needs to be turned off which is in config, bi-directional com. Some setting about how the driver communicates (raw) etc needs to be changed but just can not remember.

I will post back if I find the info.
    Started happening again this morning. I looked at the drivers and there are no options at all. I can only choose the tray, if it's a duplex unit, and how much memory is installed.

Thank Post
    Changing these settings on the server helped me with some very odd phaser issues

In driver - ports - config ports - turn off snmp status

In Config tab - bi directional - set to manual + turn off notifications

Thank Post
    I have no choice of options, this is all that shows up.

Last edited by Stryker412; 21st October 2013 at 01:43 PM.

Thank Post
    Its probably OSX(cups) permissions, you can stop users pausing printers/allow them to resume - check this thread: Mac keeps Pausing Printer

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nicklec View Post
    Its probably OSX(cups) permissions, you can stop users pausing printers/allow them to resume - check this thread: Mac keeps Pausing Printer
    OK I think I may have found the issue. I have a bunch of queues that are showing up even though only two exist in WGM. The only two queues that are needed are the last two. How can I delete these old ones?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast