+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, New network printer - driver issue in Technical; I have a new Okidata B411dn that I'm testing for our teachers. I have the printer queue setup in WGM ...

Thank Post

New network printer - driver issue

I have a new Okidata B411dn that I'm testing for our teachers. I have the printer queue setup in WGM and they all see the printer. Hwoever, when printing it's just spitting out blank pages or lines of code. I think it may be the driver since it just pulls in the generic PCL one. I installed the software for the printer on the server to pull the correct driver but it's saying it needs Rosetta to work. I have no disc drive to use our SL disc. Is there a free app I can download that will trigger the Internet download of Rosetta?

I have to say after going through the setup of this printer, I'm not a big fan so far.

Thank Post
    If it's trying to use Rosetta to launch then you're in trouble, sounds like it's trying to run some really old PowerPC only code. Did you properly setup the printer on the machine running the MCX control? If so then look and see what resources it's using in terms of PPDs and then make sure to copy those PPDs to the local machines. It sounds like that you maybe have a disc that came with the printer that's got some really old junk on it. Try downloading the latest from the internet as well (if you even need anything besides a generic PPD that works with it).

Thank Post
    Maybe I'm going about the process incorrectly but this is how I setup our HP printer which works great.

1) installed drivers on the server (or my machine) from the internet
    2) Go to Server Admin>printers>Add queue
    3) Setup queue

It's not prompting me for Rosetta but after installation of the drivers it said it was required. However, when I created the queue the specific drivers were not in the list.

Thank Post
    The HP printer probably had all the appropriate PPDs included in OSX without additional downloads, but the Okidata probably does not. Also which OSX version are you running for the server and client ends of things?

Thank Post
    Server is 10.6.8 and so is the client.

Thank Post
    Only thing I can suggest is to make sure you have the very latest version of the driver stuff and that you might have to also copy it to the client machines if they don't get pulled from the server automatically. It really sounds like you have some old software there to me.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread