+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, Sibelius 7 User Account Issues in Technical; Hi, I work in a school that has had Sibelius 7 recently installed on around 10 mac minis in our ...

Thank Post

Sibelius 7 User Account Issues

Hi,

I work in a school that has had Sibelius 7 recently installed on around 10 mac minis in our music department. It seems we are having problems however with the students accessing the program.

When logged in as an admin on these computers, the program starts up fine and runs as expected. This is also the case when logged in to one of our teacher accounts. However when a student attempts to open Sibelius it loads all the sounds, starts up correctly but when started shows no window to start a new score. When any of the tabs (Sibelius, file, edit etc) are clicked they do not respond and you cannot start a new file or do anything for that matter. I have tried the program in both 64 bit mode and 32 bit.

Additionally I have checked the license server and all IP addresses are accepted and all students have read rights to the program the same as teachers do. I have done a test on license server as well to see if the access is working and everything comes up green.

Does anybody know what the issue could be??

-Giovanni

Thank Post
    I have the same problem and don't have an answer, but I have found a temporary workaround. If you have an existing Sibelius file and click that to open Sibelius, rather than opening the software directly, it loads correctly - or at least it does here. From searching, it seems that a lot of people have this problem, but nobody has an answer!

Thank Post
    Thanks! That is a fantastic temporary fix, at least the students can now open the program successfully. For anyone else having the same problem this should work. Now to hope someone comes up with a permanent fix! Even Sibelius technical support are stumped at this one.

Thank Post
    After talking to AVID over the past couple of weeks it seems we have finally found a permanent fix to this problem.

The problem lies in Sibelius' News Check, it seems for whatever reason it tampers with students log ins. Either way the fix is described in detail in this helpful article AVID supplied me with:

From here we added the application to the dock of all our music macs using workgroup manager and this meant the students can just click it once and the program seems to run perfectly after every log in.

-Giovanni

Thank Post
    Check that you don't have parental controls set for the student account. If profanity filtering is enabled for the account then it stops the welcome screen from appearing.

ONO

Thank Post
    Thank you very much for sharing that with us derienzo.

I had the exact same issue, but the fix that you provided has solved it.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread