+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Mac Thread, Faulty iMac's - Good repairer needed in Technical; Originally Posted by seawolf Now, I remember. I bother because some people need to be reminded of reality. 1. Average ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 2,187 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by seawolf View Post
    Now, I remember. I bother because some people need to be reminded of reality.

1. Average wages are not high enough to be even close to making up for the difference in costs here. But, I digress.

2. There was a time not too long ago when just about every computer in Australia was at least twice as expensive as in the US. Apple was no exception. Every company was doing the same thing. Prices changed pretty much in line with exchange rates and price drops in the states. Many products are within 10% of the cost here as in the US now. Account for the GST and the higher operating costs (rent, labour, red tape) for doing business in Australia and you're at par in pricing. Price drops don't come immediately with changes in exchange rates because only time can determine if the changes are going to be persistent and not transitory. Also, prices themselves are like wages and are "sticky". Once you've dropped them it's hard to go back the other way. Kind of the opposite to wages.

3. People are looking for something simpler because (1) they are less skilled, or (2) they're tired of fighting their computers to get them to work properly. The best system is one that doesn't require any or little training for the average person to use. Apple got that, and they've been rewarded by mostly happy consumers. Which, of course is why every PC company on earth is now copying Apple.

[SARCASM] I know, I know - stupid PC companies - Apple is lametastic and makes horrible products that only morons buy. Why would they want to copy that? After all, I just don't know why Apple keeps planning for the future when their products are so obviously wretched and the company is totally doomed. [/SARCASM]

4. Although the interface is simpler, the Mac is running on top of Unix. So, power users are completely catered for as well. Unless you think Unix is for morons and simpletons who don't have any skills?
    Edit: naughty trolling, naughty
    Last edited by SYNACK; 17th September 2013 at 09:13 AM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    Edited Quote: Naughty trolling, naughty (on my part)
    Could always tri boot it and bung linux on there along with other OSes ??
    Last edited by SYNACK; 17th September 2013 at 09:14 AM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 2,187 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    Could always tri boot it and bung linux on there along with other OSes ??
    Oh, I'm just goading and should know better (didn't see ZH's timely reminder before now) . There are plenty of perfectly valid reasons to use a Mac.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123