+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, Moving users from one workgroup to another en masse in Technical; Just a quick question, I need to roll our students over to the new grade levels (ie. move 1st graders ...

Thank Post

Moving users from one workgroup to another en masse

Just a quick question, I need to roll our students over to the new grade levels (ie. move 1st graders into the 2nd grade WG) using Workgroup Manager. Is there a way to move them all at once or do they all have to be done individually?

Thank Post
    Yes and no. It's just like AD Users and Groups on Windows Servers you have to remove them from their current group completely then add them to the next consecutive group i.e. from 1st to 2nd. You can goto Groups and select all of the members of the group hit the minus button on the right hand side of the window hit save and move over to the next group and click on the plus button and add your students into the group.

I get around this mess by lumping students into graduating years so for instance all of my 2013-2014 school year Sixth Graders would belong to the 2020 Students group then I'd nest that out further by buildings then finally nest all of my grad year groups into a group called All Students. I can apply all of my policies to this group, but I can always apply building level policies using my building groups. Then finally when my 2014 students leave at the end of this school I can just prune the students and the 2014 Students group. I can add comments or keywords to my individual users so that when it comes time to prune I can search by the keyword 2014 and highlight or select all and delete in bulk.

One thing I might add as I've said in your other thread about the old tired WGM when you create a new user it mangles the Ker

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread