+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Mac Thread, dsconfigldap and ARD in Technical; Ok i've been back at work a bit now an d i think i can see the issues they were ...

Thank Post

Re: dsconfigldap and ARD

Ok i've been back at work a bit now an d i think i can see the issues they were talking about.

The users try to log in and sometimes it seems as though the login window just freezes.

I have checked the caches on some of the users home dirs and all seems fine.

Interent is quite sloow though and has since been migrated to a school guardian installed proxy acting as the gateway.

Garageband is still working fine though. Which was my main concern as we have a visitor who comes in and teaches the kids music using the app.

Thank Post

@ manxdan

I have just re-read through this thread and noticed that you stated mobile accounts have a heavy burden on a wifi enabled connection. I have yet to rebuild the macbooks to run into this problem.

I did a little poking about to find further info and cam across this document:

Tips and Tricks

I have had a quick flick through and for any mac admins just starting out, both with server admin and ARD there is some useful info in there. May be worth a read for those that have not yet done so.

Anyway its there in case. I just thought i would point it out.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by manxdan
    I guess so, I just take the serial from the casing or inside the battery compartment and use that.
    Are you net-booting PPC and Intel machines? I haven't had any joy yet creating a universal netboot. I have the necessary kit etc. but it resolutely refuses to boot either one or the other so I'm reduced to tinkering with Server Admin to switch between PPC or Intel netboots.
    netrestoring 40 machines in a day is do-able, I tend to set them off 10 at a time, or set off a whole suite of 30 or more overnight.
    The chaps at our LEA who have on ocassion had hundreds of laptops to do managed to get the multicast netrestore running to great effect.
    You mentioned a universal boot in this post.

While still trying to resolve the issue about automating the OS X and XP installations i cam across this.

I immediately thought of you ;-)

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.p...60323085045578

May be helpful i don't know. Let me know how it goes :-)

PS. You may be interested in this pdf as well.

http://it.ga.psu.edu/IT/helpdesk/ima...tHigh.pdf/view

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information