+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, My NTFS external HD will not mount onto my Mac running OX 10.8.4... in Technical; Hi All, I am unable to mount my external WD Passport 1TB HD once i have downloaded Tuxera. Does Tuxera ...

Thank Post

My NTFS external HD will not mount onto my Mac running OX 10.8.4...

Hi All,

I am unable to mount my external WD Passport 1TB HD once i have downloaded Tuxera. Does Tuxera actually work with mountain lion OS 10.8? As at the moment I have paid for something which has on other computing OS X's worked but has not for 10.8.

Basically, I have removed all passed drivers in the Systems/Library/FileSystems, wiped my extermnal HD to NTFS and then installed Tuxera. My drive when plugged in to the computer is on because I can here it and it works fine on my wndows PC but it just does not mount on my desktop or disk utility on my mac OS 10.8. Any help would be gratefully received but at the moment I am pullying my hair out as I need my drive working on my mac like yesterday

I have also tried downloading McFuse and Paragon (trial version) to see if that would work like it said on the box but they have failed to see my drive to.

I need to have my HD setup as a NTFS so that when I go into work (where I sit at different multiple machines) the drive will work as they are windows 7 machines but need the drive to work on my personal MAC.

Thanks all for your help in advance.

P.S. I have also left my HD plugged in to my computer all night to see if that may even help :-)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 970 Posts

Thank Post
    Here is what you should do:

• Uninstall other 3rd-party NTFS software, like Paragon, Tuxera or NTFS-3G.
    • Edit /etc/fstab (you can do this with "sudo nano /etc/fstab"
      • Add the following line:
        LABEL="THE_NAME_OF_YOUR_VOLUME" none ntfs rw,auto,nobrowse
      • Quit your editor (if you used nano, you can do this with Control-X, Y, Enter as Carlos said)

• Reboot, or if you prefer just unmount and re-mount the partition using Disk Utility
    • Voila! You have read-write support for this partition in OSX

Caveat: As of Mountain Lion, the nobrowse mount option is required for this to work. This means that the partition will not show up on your desktop. However, you can access it normally through Finder by either:

• Run Terminal and type "open /Volumes/THE_NAME_OF_YOUR_VOLUME" (without the quotes
    • In Finder, press Apple + the up arrow over and over until you see all of your mounted volumes. Your volume will be listed here.

From Apple.com https://discussions.apple.com/thread...rt=15&tstart=0
    Last edited by Mouse77e; 17th July 2013 at 10:04 PM.

Thank Post
    Thank you ever so much for the advice. I really appreciate it from all who replied but the problem is solved. Basically it was all down to the Western Digital firmware and my drive being password protected. Tuxera worked fine after I made it non protected. Thanks again.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread