+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, Looking for some clarity regarding using configurator in Technical; Hi Hoping someone with some Apple knowledge can advise me here. I'm not an Apple guy but have been tasked ...
    Thank Post

Looking for some clarity regarding using configurator

Hi

Hoping someone with some Apple knowledge can advise me here. I'm not an Apple guy but have been tasked with looking after our ever expanding iPad deployments. To that end, I have a Mac running Mountain Lion with Apple configurator installed in readiness

This is what I THINK I understand about configurator and its various pros and cons (so far)
    1) If an iPad if set as supervised, it can only be connected to the computer to which it was initially configured (so if a teacher wanted to get work off the iPad they would need to email it or come and ask me to do it)
    2) If an ipad is set up as unsupervised, then you cant re-use VPP codes from one device to another, but you can still allocate and install apps using the VPP program
    3) If you are using configurator then you dont need the iPad to have an iTunes account setup to install and use apps (free ones), but presumably you need a master iTunes account to download them to the configurator Mac in the first place to roll them out

Is the above correct?

We are about to begin a student deployment with only free apps installed - so would I be better off using configurator to set up one master iPad then backing it up and restoring to the others?

Any help to guide me through the bewildering world of iTune accounts and IOS gratefully recieved!

Thank Post
    Correct, its also worth noting you can't log in to the iTunes store with the account you use for VPP, you need two seperate logins

3. Thanks to Jewellsy from:

Symbiosis (20th June 2013)

Thank Post
    What do you do regarding the find my ipad feature? If you dont use an iTunes account how can you use this if they walk?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information