+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, How would you delete this program: Classic FTP? in Technical; I've tried deleting Classic FTP速 with CleanApp速. It doesn't work well enough to delete all of the files that were ...

Thank Post

How would you delete this program: Classic FTP?

I've tried deleting Classic FTP速 with CleanApp速. It doesn't work well enough to delete all of the files that were made by that Classic FTP program when it was launched on my computer for the 1st time. It deleted some of the folders made by Classic FTP, but the program is still starting up when I click on it's icon in my dock. Is there program that's better than the "Finder" tool, which would actually detect programs that are not easy to delete? If you know of any program that is better than that, please tell me the name of it.

The Finder tool won't even show me where this Classic FTP program is.

After I used CleanApp to get rid of the Classic FTP program, more than a few times, I put my cursor over my dock to see if the icon is no longer, I noticed that the program could still launch back up, and the filename of that program has been automatically changed to
    ".de08f5.00f" 8O

I tried finding that Classic FTP in my Applications folder. I couldn't delete it whether or not I used the Trash system. I've tried using it a few times to get rid of that Classic FTP.

This is my main problem with that application & my computer:

It's not showing me in which folder that application is stored. It's launching from a folder when I click on it's icon, but the Finder tool isn't showing me where it is.

Thanks for reading this message. I would appreciate any decent-help.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,107 Times in 1,014 Posts

Re: How would you delete this program: Classic FTP?

when you get the classic ftp image, when you mount the classic ftp image ( am pressuming it is a dmg ) as it could also possibly be a sit or some other format.

Does it have its own un installer ?

If so I would suggest re installing it and trying to use its own uninstaller.

If that does not work, if you go to system preferences --> user accounts --> startup items or login items can you uncheck that item or any related items to classic ftp that way ?

Would be interesting to find out how you get rid of it ....

Also just checking, are you using this one ?

http://www.freemacsoft.net/AppCleaner/

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by gecko
    (...) Does it have its own un installer ?
    I appreciate your help. I don't know, but I will try to find an uninstaller, next time I download it.

Quote Originally Posted by gecko
    If so I would suggest re installing it and trying to use its own uninstaller.

If that does not work, if you go to system preferences --> user accounts --> startup items or login items can you uncheck that item or any related items to classic ftp that way? (...)

Also just checking, are you using this one?

http://www.freemacsoft.net/AppCleaner
    No, I'll get that program, in a few moments. Thanks for helping me.

Thank Post

Usually dropping the program into recycle bin usually does the trick. It can depend it its uses other library files.

Ross

Thank Post

I understand what you mean. Unfortunately, the Classic FTP program isn't that easy to delete. My problem is deleting all of folders & files that program made after it was opened for the first time on my computer. The application has been sent to the Trash system in my Mac, but it hasn't deleted all of those files and folders made by that application.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,107 Times in 1,014 Posts

what error message do you get when you try to empty the trash can to delete the files for classic ftp ?

Also did you go into system preferences and user accounts and go to startup or logon items and uncheck anything relating to classic ftp whether it be classic ftp or for that matter the file you mentioned.

Also if you go into system preferences do you see any system preference icons for classic ftp still in the system preferences ?

Not sure which version of classic ftp you got or where you got it from or who makes classic ftp, however i did find this, not sure if it is the same company however you can email them and see if they have any further suggestions regarding your issue :

http://www.nchsoftware.com/classic/support.html

Hope this helps a bit more

Thank Post

I appreciate your help, time & patience. I didn't find Classic FTP for Mac 1.00 (that's the version of Classic FTP I downloaded, last night) in my system preferences section when I was looking for it, in there. I didn't find it by using the Terminal in my computer, neither. I did empty my Mac's Trash folder, but that application made folders & files which were hidden somewhere in my computer's database. Last night, I remembered the suggestions you gave to me, and I got AppCleaner速, which deleted that Classic FTP program after I did the following things:

I selected "Applications" option on AppCleaner's menu bar, and waited for AppClean to find the folder, in which the Classic FTP was hidden. haha Even thought AppClean detected that FTP-application, it didn't show in which folder that FTP-program was hidden.

Anyway, it worked well enough. I was a fool for downloading that FTP-application. It's been getting horrible reviews on popular CNET-websites like:

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/32770

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread