+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, Workgroup Manager - users in multiple worgroups in Technical; Hi everyone. We have a few workgroups setup here, one for staff and one for students. Users are added to ...
    Thank Post

Workgroup Manager - users in multiple worgroups

Hi everyone.

We have a few workgroups setup here, one for staff and one for students. Users are added to these workgroups by adding the Windows global security groups to them. eg 'DOMAIN\Staff' windows security group is added to the 'General Staff' apple workgroup.

I want to set up a new workgroup, 'Power Users' with some different settings that allow greater access and therefore less restrictions in the workgroup. I would like to add these users individually by name to the workgroup from AD. However, these users are also members of the 'DOMAIN\Staff' security group.

Here's my question. How do I stop this user from picking up the settings from the 'General Staff' workgroup and only get settings from the 'Power Users' workgroup.

i cannot remove the users from the 'DOMAIN\Staff' group as this controls different things when they log into a windows pc so please dont suggest that...

Thanks.

James

Thank Post
    Bump anyone?

Thank Post
    Set up a new workgroup in workgroup manager .. add the AD users as individuals rather than via their windows group.. boom new workgroup. Dont forget to change where Apple Workgroup manager "looks" for users in the right hand panel to your AD

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marekbrad View Post
    Set up a new workgroup in workgroup manager .. add the AD users as individuals rather than via their windows group.. boom new workgroup. Dont forget to change where Apple Workgroup manager "looks" for users in the right hand panel to your AD
    I've tried this but the user still gets the workgroup settings from the original workgroup.

Are there any settings I'm missing to get the outcome you mention.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread