Download via Software Update or the link below.
Download / Release Notes
Mac users can now update to OS X 10.8.4. The software update includes a new version of Safari versioned as 6.0.5, but otherwise focuses primarily on bug fixes.
The most notable bug resolution resolves the problem for when iMessages displayed some messages out of order of when they were sent and received, which has been a substantial complaint for many Mac users who use the messaging service to communicate. Other significant improvements pertain to Wi-Fi networking, an improvement for Microsoft Exchange interacting with Calendar app, a fix to allow FaceTime calls to certain foreign phone numbers, a resolution to a scheduled sleep issue for Boot Camp users and improved VoiceOver support with PDF files. There are many other networking improvements and bug resolutions included in the 10.8.4 update, and a complete list of those changes can be found in the full release notes below. (Source)The OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.4 Update is recommended for all OS X Mountain Lion users and includes features and fixes that improve the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac, including the following:
- Compatibility improvements when connecting to certain enterprise Wi-Fi networks
- Microsoft Exchange compatibility improvements in Calendar
- A fix for an issue that prevented FaceTime calls to non-U.S. phone numbers
- A fix for an issue that may prevent scheduled sleep after using Boot Camp
- Improves VoiceOver compatibility with text in PDF documents
- Includes Safari 6.0.5, which improves stability for some websites with chat features and games
- A fix for an issue that may cause iMessages to display out of order in Messages
- Resolves an issue in which Calendars Birthdays may appear incorrectly in certain time zones
- A fix for an issue that may prevent the desktop background picture from being preserved after restart
- A fix for an issue that may prevent documents from being saved to a server using SMB
- Addresses an issue that may prevent certain files from opening after copied to a volume named “Home"
- A fix for an issue that may prevent changes to files made over NFS from displaying
- Resolves an issue saving files to an Xsan volume from certain applications
- Improves Active Directory log-in performance, especially for cached accounts or when using a .local domain
- Improves OpenDirectory data replication
- Improves 802.1X compatibility with Active Directory networks
- Improves compatibility when using mobile accounts
A fix for an issue that may cause iMessages to display out of order in Messages this also happens on my iOS devices to me
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)