+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, Apple IDs and licensing in Technical; Hi all, The music department here are looking at purchasing Mainstage, mainly because Garageband doesn't come with all of the ...

Thank Post

Apple IDs and licensing

Hi all,

The music department here are looking at purchasing Mainstage, mainly because Garageband doesn't come with all of the instrument loops by default, and from what i've read purchasing Mainstage seems to be the easiest way to get hold of all of them. Now the music dpt only have 14 macs, and my question is if they go ahead and purchase it, how many copies do they need to buy? I can't find much documentation on this at all. I'm going to create a new image and roll this out via Deploystudio. I have read somewhere that if using an Apple ID, which we are, a purchase can be installed on up to 5 clients, but i've also read somewhere else that it can be up to 10 clients. This is the first piece of mac-only software that we're going to buy, so i'd be very grateful if anybody could point me in the right direction please!

Thank Post
    Buy one copy of mainstage, download, install & run to get the loops to download (separately), then just grab the loops from the library folder, and copy across to all the garageband-only macs, log off, log back on, run Garageband. Done.
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1045

(or read a bit further, join the VPP program for education, and just get as many copies as you have Macs with discount)
    Last edited by Marci; 22nd May 2013 at 03:43 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marci View Post
    Buy one copy of mainstage, download, install & run to get the loops to download (separately), then just grab the loops from the library folder, and copy across to all the garageband-only macs, log off, log back on, run Garageband. Done.
    GarageBand, Logic: Where loops get installed

(or read a bit further, join the VPP program for education, and just get as many copies as you have Macs with discount)
    You can not install the loops without MainStage (plus it is breaking licensing rules if you use one copy)

You do not need to join any VPP licensing scheme to download multiple copies of Mac Apps for education, MainStage costs around 19.00 per copy

4. Thanks to Sean-OC04 from:

SC92 (3rd June 2013)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread