+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, Mac Server Profile Manager Issues in Technical; Hello there, Got the school I work for a Mac Mini Server set up on the new Mountain Lion software.. ...

Thank Post

Mac Server Profile Manager Issues

Hello there,

Got the school I work for a Mac Mini Server set up on the new Mountain Lion software.. I have the Open Directory, Certificate etc set up however when I enroll a Mac onto the server it doesn't appear on my Profile Manager (It sometimes shows as a task being sent but never finishes) and when I reload the enrolling (MyDevices) page on the device I am trying to Enroll it still shows the Enroll button... I have got it to appear on the My Devices, but this is only for a short while.. has anyone else had this issue and been able to solve it and would be able to help me?

I have had a look in the logs and noticed an issue with the ("Auth_Token") unsure whether this would present an issue being new to the Mac Server game..

Thanks so much for any help it is appreciated

Thank Post
    Fun times ahead. Did you create an enrolment profiles in Profile Manager? If you did does it show anything in the Usage tab?

3. Thanks to furby from:

Hilaris (9th May 2013)

Thank Post

The Mac sometimes appears on my Devices like it has done here, however it doesn't show as Enrolled on the enrollment page on the iMac itself, I can enroll the server fine, it doesn't accept settings being pushed out to it..

WHY ARE MACS SO DIFFICULT?!!!!!!!!!!

Confused
    Last edited by Hilaris; 9th May 2013 at 10:24 AM.

Thank Post
    I meant this bit
    BZkZHWJ.png

Did you create an enrolment profile? Lets assume yes, do you have "restrict use to the devices in this library" ticked?
    On the My Devices page, you need to go to the Profiles, and install the Trust Profile on a machine first and then the Enrolment Profile.

6. Thanks to furby from:

Hilaris (9th May 2013)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by furby View Post
    I meant this bit
    BZkZHWJ.png

Did you create an enrolment profile? Lets assume yes, do you have "restrict use to the devices in this library" ticked?
    On the My Devices page, you need to go to the Profiles, and install the Trust Profile on a machine first and then the Enrolment Profile.
    I have the use restriction ticked yes, and I do install the Trust Profile first before I attempt the enrollment

Thank Post
    Give it a try unticked, you'll have to forgive me for forgetting exactly what that is, but there's no harm in trying it.
    And on that page (the enrolment profile) does it show any devices on the usage?

On the machine you're trying to enrol, in System Preferences, Profiles What profiles do you see there? Is the trust profile ""verified"

In the Server.app does profile manager look like this
    cL4oQVi.png
    Last edited by furby; 9th May 2013 at 01:23 PM.

9. Thanks to furby from:

Hilaris (9th May 2013)

Thank Post
    I have done this and it still isn't appearing in the My Devices part, it does show the Mac on the usage on the enrollment profile however, it is all verified and signed no problems there and yes it looks like that, aha, so frustrating!

Thank Post
    Auth_token can be rather essential so if it's giving issues than that may well be it. First step - make sure the MacMini Server & your iMac are set to use your main Windows Domain Controller as the time server - if time goes out of sync between them by more than a set amount then authtokens become invalid.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marci View Post
    Auth_token can be rather essential so if it's giving issues than that may well be it. First step - make sure the MacMini Server & your iMac are set to use your main Windows Domain Controller as the time server - if time goes out of sync between them by more than a set amount then authtokens become invalid.
    I have seen this error however the time is exactly the same on the same server and I get the same error.. something is fundimentally wrong here...

Thank Post
    Time is just the easiest to rule out of a list of MANY things... check the logs via Utilities > Console on both server and client and copy and paste the lines of relevance.

Thank Post
    I had a similar issue to this which turned out to be ported being blocked by our isp/firewall. Once they were unblocked all worked fine.

Thank Post
    ProfileManager[2349] <Notice>: Completed Task #59 'PushSettings' (prio:0) for <Device:'EDA-MAC-02'>: FAILED

That is where I am failing on the push settings when it decides to show up on my server!

Thank Post
    Are all the various ports used by Profile Manager open?

OS X Server: Ports used by Profile Manager

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread