+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, mac 10.4 , active directory, mapping drives in Technical; I have decided to put the Mac's that we have onto the network as apposed to being stand alone mainly ...
    Thank Post

mac 10.4 , active directory, mapping drives

I have decided to put the Mac's that we have onto the network as apposed to being stand alone mainly for the purpose of file storage. At the moment student save to the local machine which is not a great solution. So here is the first problem I have encountered.

I have Binded the Mac to Active Directory and I can log on with domain accounts, but I am having problems with mapping home folders and network drives. Is there any info on how to set this up

My File server home folder shares are \\server\homes$\Staff and \\server\homes$\Students the Mac is mounting a folder on the Desktop Homes$ and I can see folders inside but this is not what I want.

My perfect solution would be a mirror of the windows shares, User Home folder, Public share, and any other required network shares. Is this even possible?

After that is sorted I would like to be able to manage them centrally I have a OSX server on version 10.5.8, I would welcome some advice here to as this is my first adventure with Macs

Thank Post
    Hi there, my first question is does the user have a home drive set in their AD profile? The AD bind tool relies on this to "pull" the drive mapping onto the mac ..

You can map the shares to the users desktop at login using the login items section of the users and groups user prefernce on the mac

starter for 10

Thank Post
    Hi Thanks for the reply
    Yes the user has a Home folder setup in AD,

You can map the shares to the users desktop at login using the login items section of the users and groups user prefernce on the mac
    Excuse my ignorance but how do I set this for AD users? I can only see local users

Thank Post
    Am on 10.7 but hopefully the directory utility is pretty similar. I have it working (most of the time) like you're trying. On the local machine make sure "Force local home directory on startup disk" is unticked
    Screen_Shot_2013-05-01_at_13.23.41.png

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread