+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, Remove (Question Mark) Network Share/Home Folder from dock? in Technical; I have AD DFS shares mounting as needed on the desktop as network drives but we now have the hated ...
    Thank Post

Remove (Question Mark) Network Share/Home Folder from dock?

I have AD DFS shares mounting as needed on the desktop as network drives but we now have the hated "Lost Network Drive Question Mark" in the dock. I've seen possible fixes that are caused by lowercase/uppercase spelling of the network path causing this.

Everything works as needed, I just want to remove the share from the dock all together and go with the network drive on the desktop. We don't want it in the dock at all so finding a fix to resolve the "Question Mark" is not needed. Just looking to remove the share.

Thank you,

Thank Post
    Are you using Profile Manager? If so you should just be able to un tick "Network Home" in the dock preferences. What happens when you try to just drag it out, does it bounce back in?

Thank Post
    **Fixed** ...... well, sort of

I didn't have the "Network Home" under Profile Manager/Dock/Add Other Folders: checked off so I tried checking it off and seeing if it would resolve the issue and still the same issue. Then for the hell of it I tried checking off "My Applications" or "Documents" then saved it. When I logged back in I would have the new link in the desktop as seen in the images below but no more network home folder question mark. I went back and made sure all three were unchecked again, saved it then logged back in and then I had the question mark back. I can live with "My Applications" in the dock but still odd that having this checked off causing the lost home folder question mark to show up.

Nothing checked off gives me the Question Mark in the Dock:

Having something checked off to show up in the dock (My Application) in this case fixes the Question Mark issue:

Either way this works. It's better than a useless Question Mark in the dock

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread