+ Post New Thread
Mac Thread, Ipad backups not working on itunes....help in Technical; Hi I am using the latest version of itunes on my Mac and recently did a backup and restore as ...
    Thank Post

Ipad backups not working on itunes....help

Hi

I am using the latest version of itunes on my Mac and recently did a backup and restore as i wanted to upgrade my ipad from 5.1.1 to 6 and i also wanted to JB it.

With itunes i have created a number of different profiles as I have an ipad, my wife as an iphone4 and also i have an ipod. So there are 4 profiles i have created and these are all stored on the local drive under music, itunes.

So when i started i opened the profile which i believed was my ipad profile. Itunes picked up the ipad and i performed a backup to computer. I then upgraded the software via itunes, performed the JB but found none of my most recent apps were on there, it was like it only did a settings backup as my mail, some folders and other settings were on there. So i went back into itunes and did a restore from backup, i didnt receive any errors when i did the restore but once the process was finished i still didnt have all my apps.

On investigation i looked in my itunes folder for the ipad profile and when i did a search for ipa files i found none in there. I then tried to run another backup but still they didnt appear in there.

I a trying to understand what i am doing wrong or whether itunes isnt working properly for me to do a backup, i am not receiving any errors back when performing a backup and unsure what is wrong here. I have checked the size of the folder and its only 100mb so i know its not backing up the apps, my ibooks as i have GB in there.

Any advice on this would be most appreciated. When i did my wifes iphone upgrade on here itunes profile, i had none of these issues.

Is there a way i can reinialise that profile and then try performing another backup to see if it works or would i be better deleting that profile and starting again?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Thank Post
    Can't say for sure as I'm on 5.1.1 still (Jailbroken), but when I was helping the old man set up his new iPad and I connected it to iTunes, you could choose between a local backup or iCloud backup. Maybe this is enabled on yours?

Slightly OT, but where did you go to get jailbroken to 6.1? Is it a untethered jailbreak? Been waiting to do mine for a while...

Thank Post
    Yeh i had the option where i could download to computer or download to icloud.

I reckon i am going to recreate the profile and see what happens.

With regards to JB, evasion have released a untethered 6.1 jb.

You can find out more here http://evasi0n.com/

Thanks

4. Thanks to ranj from:

Rawns (12th February 2013)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread