+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Mac Thread, Apple TV 802.1x Apple Configurator in Technical; Originally Posted by Sean-OC04 Sorry but I really can not understand why these have to be connected to the internet? ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean-OC04 View Post
    Sorry but I really can not understand why these have to be connected to the internet?

You don't need internet connectivity to mirror from an iPad and the features when to do get it connected are to be frank fairly basic?
    No but it needs Internet to set the time when first turned on and to update the software

Thank Post
    I've had a bit of success today on this and got it working!

After a number of phone calls to Apple, it turns out that when the Apple TV is first booted up, it checks in with the Apple Time Server (time.apple.com or time.euro.apple.com) this MUST go straight out to the internet using port 123.

I spoke to our LEA, who have configured a rule on our firewall for access to Port 123 for the sites time.apple.com and time.euro.apple.com, so now, when the Apple TV is switched on, it can do a time check with the Apple server, and then it can use the Internet using the proxy settings that were installed using the profile with Configurator.

So, if anybody else is having the issue, ask your LEA if they can add a rule on your firewalls to allow direct access to the Apple Time Servers on port 123

Hope it helps a few of you out!

Matt

Thank Post
    Hi Matt

Who is your LEA?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mattpant View Post
    I've had a bit of success today on this and got it working!

After a number of phone calls to Apple, it turns out that when the Apple TV is first booted up, it checks in with the Apple Time Server (time.apple.com or time.euro.apple.com) this MUST go straight out to the internet using port 123.

I spoke to our LEA, who have configured a rule on our firewall for access to Port 123 for the sites time.apple.com and time.euro.apple.com, so now, when the Apple TV is switched on, it can do a time check with the Apple server, and then it can use the Internet using the proxy settings that were installed using the profile with Configurator.

So, if anybody else is having the issue, ask your LEA if they can add a rule on your firewalls to allow direct access to the Apple Time Servers on port 123

Hope it helps a few of you out!

Matt

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by darrenmcginnis View Post
    Hi Matt

Who is your LEA?

Thanks
    I've sent you a PM

5. Thanks to mattpant from:

darrenmcginnis (1st August 2013)

Thank Post
    I appreciate I'm a bit late to the party with this one..... I'm trying to set up an Apple TV to airplay to and mirror. I've managed to connecting it to our proxied WiFi network ok, but I've had no luck with trying to airplay / mirror an apple device as their isn't the option to do so! I've spoken with our internet provider (yhgfl) and unblocked all ports i believed were necessary (see below) but this doesn't seem to have helped. Both Apple TV and iPad are connected to the same WiFi network, but neither are able to see each other it seems.

Jay

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12