Mac Thread, OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.2 and OS X Lion v10.7.5 Released in Technical; Download via Software Update or the links below.
OS X v10.8.2 - Download ( Client : 665.39 MB) / Release ...
19th September 2012, 11:14 PM #1
OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.2 and OS X Lion v10.7.5 Released
Download via Software Update or the links below.
OS X v10.8.2 - Download (Client: 665.39 MB) / Release Notes
The 10.8.2 update is recommended for all OS X Mountain Lion users and includes new features and fixes. New features include: Facebook
- Single sign on for Facebook
- Facebook as an option when sharing links and photos
- Facebook friends' contact information and profile pictures in Contacts
- Facebook notifications in Notification Center
Other new features
- Share scores to Facebook, Twitter, Mail, or Messages
- Facebook friends are included in Game Center friend recommendations
- Facebook Like button for games
- Challenge friends to beat your score or achievement
- Power Nap support for MacBook Air (Late 2010)
- iMessages sent to your phone number now appear in Messages on your Mac
- From Safari and Mail on your Mac you can add passes to Passbook on your iPhone or iPod touch running iOS 6
- New shared Reminders lists
- FaceTime now receives calls sent to your phone number
- New sort options allow you to sort notes by title, the date you edited them, and when you created them
- Dictation now supports Mandarin, Cantonese, Spanish, Korean, Canadian English, Canadian French, and Italian
- The Dictionary application now includes a French definition dictionary
- Sina Weibo profile photos can now be added to Contacts
The OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.2 update also includes general operating system fixes that improve the stability, compatibility and security of your Mac, including the following fixes:
- Adds an option to discard the changes in the original document when choosing Save As
- Unsent drafts are now opened automatically when launching Mail
- Receive Twitter notifications for mentions and replies from anyone
- URLs are shortened when sending tweets from Notification Center
- Notifications are disabled when AirPlay Mirroring is being used
- Adds SSL support for Google searches from the Smart Search Field in Safari
- Adds a new preference to have Safari launch with previously open webpages
- Resolves an issue that may cause the "Enable Autodiscover" checkbox to always remain checked
- Enables access to the Mac App Store when Parental Controls are enabled
- Support for @icloud.com email addresses
- Resolves a video issue with some VGA projectors when connected to certain Mac notebooks
- Addresses an issue that may prevent Active Directory accounts from being locked out
- Resolves an issue that may cause the policy banner to re-appear prior to logging in
- Improvements to SMB
- Addresses an issue with NIS users when auto-login is enabled
- Addresses an issue in which the Keychain may not be accessible
- Ability to pre-authenticate a FileVault protected system
- Addresses an issue that may cause Xsan to not automatically start after migrating from Mac OS X Snow Leopard
OS X v10.7.5 - Download (Client: 1.91 GB, Server: 1.99 GB) / Release Notes (Client, Server)
The 10.7.5 update is recommended for all OS X Lion users and includes general operating system fixes that improve the stability, compatibility and security of your Mac. It also includes Gatekeeper, a new security feature that helps you keep your Mac safe from malicious software by giving you more control over what apps are installed on your Mac.
The 10.7.5 update also includes fixes that:
- Resolve an issue where icons in Launchpad may get rearranged after a restart
- Improve Wi-Fi reliability for iMac (Late 2009 and newer)
- Resolve an issue using Spotlight to search an SMB server
- Improve compatibility connecting to Active Directory servers
The 10.7.5 update is recommended for all servers currently running Lion Server. This update includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility, migration and security of your server and specific fixes for:
- maintaining Spotlight index when changing share point settings
- creating and connecting to Open Directory master
- improved reliability of password authentication
- using Software Update Server to automatically download and enable software updates
- reliably booting NetRestore images created with System Image Utility
- using Profile Manager to set the Mobility sync frequency settings for mobile accounts
- improved reliability when changing an Xsan metadata controller into a client
Last edited by Arthur; 19th September 2012 at 11:27 PM.
IDG Tech News
19th September 2012, 11:39 PM #2
All downloaded and installed.
Macbook Air, IMac - has some nice new features now to have a play with.
Phone and iPAD next on the list to move to IO6.
20th September 2012, 08:42 AM #3
VirtualBox users may want to stay on 10.8.1 until Oracle fix the following bug.
VMware Fusion and Parallels Desktop both work perfectly in 10.8.2, so it seems you get what you pay for.
Last Post: 25th August 2012, 02:11 PM
Last Post: 29th July 2012, 11:38 PM
Last Post: 25th July 2012, 03:17 PM
Last Post: 23rd July 2012, 01:38 PM
Last Post: 12th June 2012, 08:00 AM
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)