Mac Thread, OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.1 Released in Technical; Also in Software Update.
This update includes general operating system fixes that improve the stability and compatibility of ...
23rd August 2012, 04:27 PM #1
OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.1 Released
Also in Software Update.
This update includes general operating system fixes that improve the stability and compatibility of your Mac, including fixes that:
- Resolve an issue that may cause Migration Assistant to unexpectedly quit
- Improve compatibility when connecting to a Microsoft Exchange server in Mail
- Address an issue playing audio through a Thunderbolt display
- Resolve an issue that could prevent iMessages from being sent
- Address an issue that could cause the system to become unresponsive when using Pinyin input
- Resolve an issue when connecting to SMB servers with long names
- Address a issue that may prevent Safari from launching when using a Proxy Automatic Configuration (PAC) file
- Improve 802.1X authentication with Active Directory credentials.
Thanks to Arthur from:
Rozzer (23rd August 2012)
25th August 2012, 11:17 AM #2
lol! I hope it actually fixes just more than connecting to SMB servers with long names, because my SMB server was literally "smb://Home/Files" unless Apple consider that long! :P
25th August 2012, 01:11 PM #3
I think the issue was that it was rejecting the share list because the data being received was greater than 2KB in size (previous OS X version had a higher limit). So it would also be dependent on the number of shares on that machines. Some people found that by shortening the share names it was enough make the overall list less than 2KB in size, but it wasn't the length of the share name that caused the actual problem. That's my understanding of it anyway.
Last Post: 29th July 2012, 10:38 PM
Last Post: 25th July 2012, 02:17 PM
Last Post: 23rd July 2012, 12:38 PM
Last Post: 12th June 2012, 07:00 AM
Last Post: 24th February 2012, 09:21 AM
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)