+ Post New Thread
London Grid for Learning (LGfL) Thread, Synetrix / Capita OpenHive Woes in Regional Broadband Consortiums (RBC); Hi all, Just thought I'd share the current difficulties I'm having at a couple of sites who've opted out of ...
    Thank Post

Synetrix / Capita OpenHive Woes

Hi all,

Just thought I'd share the current difficulties I'm having at a couple of sites who've opted out of LGfL2 and went instead for the Synetrix / Capita offering of OpenHive (actually Talk Talk!)

- Network currently down, no ETA for a fix, been down since 11pm last night, they are 'looking into it'

- DNS records hosted by them messed up on Tuesday and Wednesday. Tuesday this stopped some email being sent from an internal Exchange server via the OpenHive SMTP relay. Yesterday, until the internet connection died altogether, it stopped all external access to internally hosted services

- Port 25 outgoing blocked. At another site we are trying to use the Microsoft Forefront Online Protection for Exchange servers to send and receive email. Incoming works great, filtering and delivering with no problems. Outgoing, not working, port 25 is blocked by the ISP and they are refusing to open it up, even just to a single domain name. Incidentally, we opted out of paying for the SMTP services, but they are still insisting the only way to send is by using a service we are not paying for!

- No documentation, SLA, or paperwork of any description has been received. Internet connection details have simply been passed by word of mouth by installation engineers and the telephone support team.

So, is everyone else who moved from LGFL to Synetrix happy, or are there others with more problems than me!...

[EDIT: Just realised, not likely to get too many replies at the moment, since my intended audience have no internet!]
    Last edited by tonyd; 19th April 2012 at 01:12 PM.

Thank Post
    UPDATE # 1: It's back up, after only 13 hours downtime. They still seem to be having issues with some services though, I cannot get to the DNS servers that host our records :-(

Thank Post
    sorry to hear about the problems you're having tonyd. we did indeed have a event that caused loss of service for you. I'm concerned about the other items you raised (to get all the services working), can you pm me your details and i'll make sure someone works thru them with you.

cheers
    gonz

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread