+ Post New Thread
London Grid for Learning (LGfL) Thread, Office 365 Real-time Collaboration in Regional Broadband Consortiums (RBC); I have heard that Office 365 now offers real-time collaboration (catching up with Google). At the moment I cant get ...

Thank Post

Office 365 Real-time Collaboration

I have heard that Office 365 now offers real-time collaboration (catching up with Google).
    At the moment I cant get our skydrive working due to issues with LGFL (they are sorting a fix)

Can anyone confirm that real-time collaboration is indeed working with Office 365? Does it work similar to Google? Previously you had to save your changes before the other user could see them.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,729 Times in 2,308 Posts
    Blog Entries
    From what I have heard it works in everything but word, with the web apps, word being by paragraph but they are working on it. I have not yet tested this myself though. I think it may be better demoed via the hell-beast that is Sharepoint anyhow.

3. Thanks to SYNACK from:

fiza (8th October 2013)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    From what I have heard it works in everything but word, with the web apps, word being by paragraph but they are working on it. I have not yet tested this myself though. I think it may be better demoed via the hell-beast that is Sharepoint anyhow.
    Thanks. Good to know its headed in the right direction.

Thank Post
    Hi,

for what its worth.. A friend and I did some playing with editing word documents this evening (how very rock and roll) from an Ipad 2 via word web app in safari from home 1, from a desktop with office 2013 on a slow 10mb lan from home 2 and from a PC at a school site using office web app in ie9.

Found responsiveness good between the two using web apps in the browsers, changes almost instant, a few glitches occasionally over an hour or so of use with longest wait of 2ish seconds to show a change - that's a long time when 2 people are working on one file! - but this may be related to me logging onto a site machine to test while my backups are hammering away on site

I found Office 2013 annoying as had to refresh to submit a change and refresh to pick up a change.

Im still struggling with getting decent workflow to show to teachers and students to be honest with Office 365\Skydrive Pro and Web Apps. For example, I had Office 2013 connected to a SharePoint My Site\SkyDrive page on office 365 and its fiddly to get to a file shared with me, if I click file > open > My Site on word 2013 I don't see files shared with me only those I have, so had to logon to SharePoint site, browse to SkyDrive tab, click on "shared with me" link and open the file - faff...

anyway, that's my two cents spent.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread