Me and another local NM have been mulling over the idea of setting up a common interest group for NMs and equivalent in the Barnet area (always assuming, of course, that such a group doesn't already exist).
We forsee the group doing the following:
- Discussing just about any item of interest to schools' IT staff
- Recommending (and disrecommending) vendors and products
- Maintaining a secure repository of what technologies and software are in use at member schools, so that we have resources to call upon when considering purchases or when problems arise
- Devising common solutions to common problems
- Share news, such as virus outbreaks, scams, sucess stories
- Socialise (maybe)
If the group becaus large enough it could branch out into procurement, and act as a pressure group when required for dealings with bodies such as LGfL.
Meetings venues would rotate around the schools, perhaps with the hosting school chairing the meeting.
Please PM if interested.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)