+ Post New Thread
Links Thread, Something You Want To Start A Petition About? Could You Use IPetitions.COM? in Links, Downloads and Scripts; Link: IPetitions.COM About us iPetitions takes the power of the internet to transform society and places it in the hands ...

Can't talk now: The mother-ship is calling!
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,192 Times in 814 Posts
    Blog Entries

Something You Want To Start A Petition About? Could You Use IPetitions.COM?

Link: IPetitions.COM

About us

iPetitions takes the power of the internet to transform society and places it in the hands of ordinary people. With iPetitions, you don't have to be a technical whiz or corporate behemoth to get your voice heard. We give you the tools and community to create your own sophisticated online campaign. All you have to do is write a petition in support of your cause. We help you gather support from around the world.
    What we offer

We offer the physical space to host your petition, and we give you the tools to gather signatures, blog about your cause, and build a community around the issues that you care about. Our sophisticated tools have been tested on a number of online petitions, and offer a high degree of customization without requiring any programming or technical knowledge. You might find other petition sites out there. But none of them offers the full range of tools that we do. Among other things, our tools allow you to:

Customize your question list
    Customize the design of your petition
    Download real-time data on your petition
    Blog about your petition
    Create filters to block out duplicate signatures
    And much more…
    Who can host a petition

Anyone. Thanks to iPetitions, you don't have to be a big organization or a technical whiz to manage an online campaign. On the other hand, even if you are a large organization, you will still benefit from working with us. For larger organizations, we offer customized campaign-building solutions. These are total packages that can include anything from consulting services to web design and construction. If you are an organization or company and would like to know more, contact us directly.

Is it free

Yes. Our costs are covered by advertising and donations, so we are able to offer you these great tools totally free.

Thank Post
    I signed someone's petition on some 'care' site. Despite checking "don't email me" they did and despite asking them to delete my account, they didn't. I'm not signing any more petitions on those kind of sites any more.

Yours,
    Old Mr Grumpy Bum

Can't talk now: The mother-ship is calling!
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,192 Times in 814 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pcstru View Post
    I signed someone's petition on some 'care' site. Despite checking "don't email me" they did and despite asking them to delete my account, they didn't. I'm not signing any more petitions on those kind of sites any more.

Yours,
    Old Mr Grumpy Bum
    Hi Mr Gumpy Bum.

This is what ipetitions.com has to say on privacy:

...iPetitions collects information at different points on our website. The two main points at which we collect information are when new members join iPetitions and when outside users sign a petition powered by iPetitions.

Members: When you become a member of iPetitions, you provide us with your name and email address. iPetitions is the sole owner of this information and we will not sell, share, or rent this information with any other company or individual in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement. From time to time, we may share your information with others on an aggregated basis. We will not share information in such a way that it can be linked to an individual.

Sign: When you sign a petition powered by iPetitions, you will be asked for your name, and you may be asked for your email address as well as certain demographic information. Some of this information may be optional, but we encourage you to provide it as it will allow us to better customize your experience. The information you provide when you sign a petition is stored on our servers but is the exclusive property of the petition host, who is a member of iPetitions and who has agreed to the terms of this privacy policy. As with the information you supply iPetitions, hosts will be asked not to sell, share, or rent this information with any other company or individual except in an aggregated form.

There are two possible exceptions to this rule, however, and those are when 1) a petition host submits a petition to its intended recipient; or 2) on the "Signatures" section of the petition. In the second case, your email address will never be publicly visible, and you have the option when signing a petition of asking that your name also not be displayed. In the first case, it is up to the discretion of the petition host as to what information he or she may submit to the petition's intended recipient. Petition hosts may choose to submit emails and names (as well as other information) as such information is likely to enhance the credibility of a petition.

Please be aware that this applies only to petitions powered by iPetitions on iPetitions' servers (these petitions will have a URL of the form: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/some_petition). Petitions sponsored by external organizations but using our software may have different privacy policies...
    Pretty standard stuff for websites that users sign up to?

I guess you 'pay your money and take your choice' [even though it is free]

If it doesn't feel right to you don't use it I guess.

There are other petition sites available including:

Link: HM Government e-petitions

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread