I happened across this website today:
RANDOM.ORG - True Random Number Service
The site will allow you to generate random a random number from 1 to 999999999 [front page]Perhaps you have wondered how predictable machines like computers can generate randomness. In reality, most random numbers used in computer programs are pseudo-random, which means they are a generated in a predictable fashion using a mathematical formula. This is fine for many purposes, but it may not be random in the way you expect if you're used to dice rolls and lottery drawings.
RANDOM.ORG offers true random numbers to anyone on the Internet. The randomness comes from atmospheric noise, which for many purposes is better than the pseudo-random number algorithms typically used in computer programs. People use RANDOM.ORG for holding drawings, lotteries and sweepstakes, to drive games and gambling sites, for scientific applications and for art and music. The service has existed since 1998...
- RANDOM.ORG - Coin Flipper [Flip 1 to 16 coins (choose the obverse and reverse)]
- RANDOM.ORG - Die Roller [Roll 1 to 16 dice]
- RANDOM.ORG - Playing Card Shuffler [Shuffle 1 to 8 decks of cards and draw any number of cards from the deck(s).]
- RANDOM.ORG - Lottery Quick Pick
- RANDOM.ORG - Password Generator
- RANDOM.ORG - Strings
- RANDOM.ORG - List Randomizer
I particularly like the List Randomiser.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)