Link: Imperial War Museums: Lives Of The First World War [In Partnership with DC Thomson Family History]
Sign up: Required.
How Lives of the First World War works
Each individual whose contribution to the First World War is recorded in official documents will have a personal Life Story page, where you can register your commitment to Remember them.
Information about each person and their wartime experiences can be connected to Life Stories by members of the public.
- Link together evidence relating to the same person, using records from museums, libraries and archives across the world. Many of these have been brought together in one place for the first time by Lives of the First World War.
- Add references to sources you have discovered elsewhere.
- Upload digital images of your own precious family mementoes.
- Include family stories and personal knowledge.
- Group together individuals you are interested in by creating your own Community page.
As more and more people connect facts to Life Stories, we can begin to piece together each individualís life story.
- You can find more information about how to piece together Life Stories and contribute material to Lives of the First World War in the Help section.
- For more background information on the war and for some ideas about where to start looking for information about your family members, have a look at the History section.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)