BackupExec 2010/12 for Hyper-V
I'm hoping someone will be able give me a hand at working out what backupexec license I'll need in a virtualised environment (Hyper-V). Our setup after the summer will be:
- 4x Virtual Server Hosts (Running 2008R2 Core - with the Hyper-V role)
- 3x Physical Servers - Forest Root / SIMS&SQL / Exchange
- Each of the Virtual Servers will host 3/4 VMs
Our backup routine is and is based on BackupExec 2010 (v12.5) but there is money available to upgrade to 2012:
- Monday - Thursday - Deferential Backups
- Friday - Full Backup (then taken offsite)
At the moment I have the following BackupExec Licenses:
- 1x Media Server License
- 1x Advanced Disk-Based Backup Option
- 8x Windows Remote Agents
Would I need to purchase 4 copies of the Hyper-V agent or could i just install the existing server agents on to the virtual servers (not the hosts)?? The idea is to keep the exisitng backup schedule if possible.
Any help or advice greatly appreciated.
Mark @ Kingsmead