MS Licensing Website
Since M$ decided to revamp their website my logon doesn't let me do anything on their website. I contacted them via email over the holidays (I needed a W7 download for my school laptop) and was told they are experiencing problems.
On the phone to them now with a nice man repeating 'Please holdfor the next available customer service representative' over and over again... Been on here for 20 minutes now :(
Been elevated to another techy person, think its only mine that got messed up after the upgrade.
Need a W7 key too and i can't get on :(
We are having the same issue, one of us can see all the agreements / downloads / keys yet one of us can only see them when the suns out.
We've just changed the password on the known good account to something we can both use...
I only have one account :(
Originally Posted by ect
Our doesnt either
Our school access the website is fudged as well... however I am more inclined to beleive that this is due to a mistake in the way they have interpreted the heirachy of names rather than any web upgrade plot conspiracy.
My Bursar is the name on the administrator line of the agreement (because he signed the agreement)Despite me putting my name down as the admin
My name is down as Tech Contact
According to or reseller (from an email
They cant change the admin name as:--
Please note that after checking School agreement XXXXXXX we found that the current Distributor is different than “XXXX EMEA” (which is indeed the Reseller for this agreement).
Therefore, the Indirect/Reseller should contact the current Distributor for this agreement in order to request this change, since as per rules for SMS&P programs (i.e.School), only the Disti is entitled to request changes to Microsoft EOC.
In otherwords or seller has to chase it with his seller (and so on) until we get to the Distributer ... who can change the permissions and names.
Basically we wait until we can get a bod to change a name and then we should be able to change everything else.
What a balls up
Couldn't get the site to work before Xmas, phoned and was told a key would be emailed. Rang again on the 11th, told same thing. Rang 3 times at 1/2 hour intervals on 14th. The last guy actually agreed to read me the key - oddly enough, he was the only one of the 5 who actually emailed it... :mad:
They've told me to create a new liveid account with the general email address that the agreement was created with 7 years ago and hasn't been used since... well I never used it since I have worked here anyway.
I emailed back and asked them to put it back how it was as I don't want another live account to have to use when its been working perfectly fine up till December.
Suppose I could reactivate the account and then try and give my new account full access buts it a right royal ballache.
Still knackered :(
Phone u this morning after creating the new Live account with the very very old email address and the nice man said that he could change the email address on the agreement (I had argued for this previously but was told they couldn't)
I was told to wait 2 hours and the change would be made, just got an email saying that my enquiry had been excalated to technical support as there is a problem.
Neither Live account has access to the agreement but I do have access to a new Open agreement that was made last week... doesn't list the download though :(
I am really really sick of this.
I had the same issue. When eventually I spoke to somebody they said the web developers keep saying it is fixed but it is not. In the end he took my password. and said he talk to them until it worked and a day later it did. My agreement is up for renewal soon and our reseller say that loads of schools have had the same issue.
Its true - there have been lots of issues with the portal, and its affecting some organisations more than others - hopefully the worst has now passed.
The VLSC upgrade has caused quite a few problems for people all over world, and there is conflicting advice around how to fix them.
Customers are told that MS can't help them directly and they need to speak to the reseller, but I also know that resellers are being told that customers should contact MS directly! As mentioned in an earlier post, the best process seems to be:
Customer -> Reseller -> Distributor -> Microsoft
With the request passed along in that manner, email addresses are being reset etc and all should be well :-)
The number for VLSC is 0800 917 9016.
The comments on my blog post here show the troubles others have been having!
The 0800 917 9016 number is a waste of time, I have called them 10 times and everytime its been 'elevated' to another department but I cannot speak to a supervisor as its not on their script.
They have changed my email address on my account to invalid-admin@etc... adding the invalid to the front of my address for some reason.. I have a pending request for admin@etc... which throws up an error when i try and accept it.. half the links are down too, its a joke.
I am going over to ubuntu next year... sod the curriculum