MS Licensing Costs on the Rise
Just had an email from my current MS Licensing supplier about the price hikes for licences.
Microsoft has today released some important information regarding changes to their Academic Licensing pricing which will have an impact on your organisation, below is a summary of the changes: Price increase effective from 01 August 2013
- Open Academic price - 0-3% price increase
- School Agreements and Open Value Subscription for Education Solutions (OVS-ES) - 21-27% price increase
- Campus Agreements - 24-27% price increase
- Enrolment for Education Solutions (EES) - 24-27% price increase
- Select 6/Select Plus - 18-21% price increase
Microsoft took action last year to establish and maintain price consistency between European countries due to sustained currency differences between the European countries. As a result the GBP Corporate license prices were increased. At that time, the increase did not extend to Microsoft’s Academic price lists, however, Microsoft is now implementing the increase to its Academic pricing.