+ Post New Thread
Licensing Questions Thread, EES pricing in Technical; Is the pricing set? Or would resellers add to it? Link2ICT are now offering it and I've had a quote ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

EES pricing

Is the pricing set? Or would resellers add to it?

Link2ICT are now offering it and I've had a quote but don't know whether it's good or bad? I'm guessing that they are all 3 year contracts too?

Thank Post
    We do ours on a yearly basis. Best way to see if it's a good price is ask someone else. We get ours through Novatech. Michael is our account manager and he's lovely. 02392 322701. (no, I don't work for them and don't get commission or anything for referals!)

Thank Post
    We get ours yearly too, and its only based on FTE, you can buy direct from Pheonix Software, chances are that is where your reseller is getting it from anyway....

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,638 Times in 2,042 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EES pricing has a base price set by MS, but each reseller will add something to it else they wouldn't be selling. The price can vary quite a bit! Viglen do some very good pricing on MS licenses I've found.

You can do a 1 or 3 year agreement, but you pay yearly either way. The 3 year option means your pricing is set for the 3 years, but you can't reduce the number of licences you're paying for (ie. if your FTE is 100, you can't go down to 90 in year 2). The 1 year option means you can reduce numbers if you wish, but your pricing can and will change each year.

If this is your first year having a subscription license then MS are currently running an offer with 50% off for the first year on a 3 year contract if you buy before the end of this month. Saved us £4k-ish!

Thank Post
    Yes I have to say Viglen did a good price for us...
    Interestingly I was told yesterday that on a 3 year deal you did change your FTE count every year. Though that wasn't from my current EES supplier, and to be honest I didn't press for details as I'm quite happy where I am. We to go for a 1 year deal.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I've been told on the 3 year deal with the 50% discount in the first year, there is no fixed price point for years 2 and 3 so Microsoft could, in theory, raise it to whatever they wanted after that - was also told it's only available for people who don't have an existing EES agreement. Don't know how true that is though.

On the 3 year deal when I went through all the details, you are supposed to report your FTE each year, if the FTE increased then you paid the price you agreed + the extra FTE, if the FTE decreased, then you paid the price you agreed but didn't benefit from any reduction in the FTE. As we're currently looking at staffing reductions at the moment, I've carried on doing ours on a 1 year contract.

Thank Post
    @Millgate has never been beaten on EES pricing when we have been getting quotes (and if he has he always beats it second time around). Don't you Luke!
    Last edited by RTFM; 24th May 2012 at 10:44 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RTFM View Post
    @Millgate has never been beaten on EES pricing when we have been getting quotes (and if he has he always beats it second time around). Don't you Luke!
    Cheers matey. I'm going to launch an offer tomorrow where I'll guarantee to beat any EES quote so watch this space!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Millgate View Post
    Cheers matey. I'm going to launch an offer tomorrow where I'll guarantee to beat any EES quote so watch this space!
    Intriguing!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread