+ Post New Thread
Licensing Questions Thread, EES Discounts in Technical; Im looking at getting moving from perpetual to EES licensing for my schools and cant get my head around the ...
    hit
    Thank Post

EES Discounts

Im looking at getting moving from perpetual to EES licensing for my schools and cant get my head around the million and one acronyms and what you can and can't get, but our reseller should be helping me with that.

What I have come across though is UTD discounts (https://partner.microsoft.com/UK/licensing/40182570) for owned perpetual licences and want to know if this applies to EES?

Why do Microsoft make this whole thing so complicated?

Thank Post
    Hi Hit,

UTD discounts are sometimes available to Schools who have never held an Academic subscription license and who sign up to a 3 year OVS-ES agreement
    They get upto 50% discount on Desktop Platform Products for the first year on matching perpetual licenses they ‘bring with them’ onto the new agreement.

I hope this helps

Luke

hit
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Millgate View Post
    Hi Hit,

UTD discounts are sometimes available to Schools who have never held an Academic subscription license and who sign up to a 3 year OVS-ES agreement
    They get upto 50% discount on Desktop Platform Products for the first year on matching perpetual licenses they ‘bring with them’ onto the new agreement.

I hope this helps

Luke
    Hi Luke, thats what I thought, but excuse me for being a dumb**s about MS licensing but is OVS-ES and what people refer to as EES the same thing?

The schools I deal with have just always plodded along and bought new versions of office etc as they needed to on perpetual licences but things are changing drastically with us centrallising, virtualising and dragging the schools kicking and screaming into the 21st century and I need to make sure this is going to be right for them!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,257 Times in 1,662 Posts
    Just be aware that full time according to Microsoft means anyone using a computer (so you can usually discount cleaners and dinner ladies) who works for 200 or more hours per year.

That means FTE equivalent staff include everyone who is employed for roughly 6 hours or more per week term time only.

Some of us from edugeek debated this in person with Microsoft. We didn't get anywhere, but at least we got our views over!

In primaries, ad hoc licensing and schools agreement frequently work out cheaper

5. Thanks to elsiegee40 from:

hit (8th May 2012)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hit View Post
    Hi Luke, thats what I thought, but excuse me for being a dumb**s about MS licensing but is OVS-ES and what people refer to as EES the same thing?

The schools I deal with have just always plodded along and bought new versions of office etc as they needed to on perpetual licences but things are changing drastically with us centrallising, virtualising and dragging the schools kicking and screaming into the 21st century and I need to make sure this is going to be right for them!
    Yes buddy, it's the same thing. It just refers to the amount of users you have. If you were HUGE, you'd need an EES but it doesnt really matter what you call it. Whoever you deal with SHOULD know what you're talking about. If you have any other questions, feel free to email me

7. Thanks to Millgate from:

hit (8th May 2012)

hit
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elsiegee40 View Post
    Just be aware that full time according to Microsoft means anyone using a computer (so you can usually discount cleaners and dinner ladies) who works for 200 or more hours per year.

That means FTE equivalent staff include everyone who is employed for roughly 6 hours or more per week term time only.

Some of us from edugeek debated this in person with Microsoft. We didn't get anywhere, but at least we got our views over!

In primaries, ad hoc licensing and schools agreement frequently work out cheaper
    Thats the way I read it also, however at two of my schools the hardware count exceeds the number of pupils and staff added together so it must be cheaper on EES. I'm not counting ancilliary staff (cleaners/facility/kitchen staff) as they are all contracted in and bring their own hardware.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread