+ Post New Thread
Licensing Questions Thread, Adobe restrictions, what does it mean? in Technical; Having a conversation this afternoon about what we could do better. I pointed out that you could re-do some of ...

Thank Post

Adobe restrictions, what does it mean?

Having a conversation this afternoon about what we could do better. I pointed out that you could re-do some of our PDF forms to allow them I be filled in on screen, which is easy enough using form fields when creating the PDF in Accrobat.

I then had a feeling I'd seen PDF's that could be saved and a quick bit I googling found this.
    So easy enough and would allow us to send electronic application forms to overseas applicant, have them fill it in and send it back. Except I don't understand the restrictions!!

Does it mean I can only have 500 responses of each document? 500 responses to EACH document, I don't quite get it.

Thank Post
    Any reason you don't just do a direct submit using xfdf or fdf? (e.g. JavaScript etc)

No worries or licensing then

Steve

Thank Post
    Yeah, it's a well described license agreement... NOT!

It seems to have two options, you can either:

1. Send out a document to upto 500 people, and have them respond more than once.
    2. Send out a document to any number of people, but only have 500 people respond.

But you can't do both... at the same time.

You're able to send out documentA to 500 people and get several 1,000 responses, and then send out documentB to 2,000 people and get 500 responses.

Wacky huh !
    Last edited by User3204; 12th April 2012 at 12:22 AM.

Thank Post
    @Steve21 because I know not of these things you speak so would have to look into it. Additionally this seemed the quickest and easiest way.

@User3204 yes but could I send Document A to 500 people and get 500 responses then send documentB to 500 people and get 500 responses. and so on.

Thank Post
    @User3204 yes but could I send Document A to 500 people and get 500 responses then send documentB to 500 people and get 500 responses. and so on.[/QUOTE]

Yes, as long as they're not the same document, as it also says you can't send the same document out twice. It wouldn't be unreasonable to send out document A version 1, get 500 responses, and then alter the document to better suite the responses, and then send out document A version 2.

It all seems to be based on the honour system.
    I'd like to know how they will tell if you send out paper based versions of the document, as they say you're not allowed to go over the 500 including paper based...

I see no reason why you wouldn't quite legitimately send out a document to all the parents in year 7, and another document to all the parents in year 8 (or even in each Key stage, assuming your school is small enough), because you'll be asking 'different' questions it's a different form.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread