+ Post New Thread
Licensing Questions Thread, KMS host activated loads more pcs than we have in Technical; Hiya Had KMS up and running for windows 7 & office 2010 for ages now however a few weeks ago ...

Thank Post

Angry KMS host activated loads more pcs than we have

Hiya

Had KMS up and running for windows 7 & office 2010 for ages now however a few weeks ago we checked the activated clients which was a couple of thousand compared to the 50 or so computers we have, have searched the internet to no avail, any ideas?!

Thanks

Thank Post
    ideally we need a bit more details here to work with something like this, i.e. how is the machine setup on your domain - is it a shared server or on its own network ? is the machine working behind a decent firewall ?

If you can provide a bit more detail to your problem then perhaps we can help you.

Richard

Jus North of London, close but not too close
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ITtech35 View Post
    Hiya

Had KMS up and running for windows 7 & office 2010 for ages now however a few weeks ago we checked the activated clients which was a couple of thousand compared to the 50 or so computers we have, have searched the internet to no avail, any ideas?!

Thanks
    I have the same issue with Activation but I'm just using MAK keys and activating manually on a re-image/build. We only have 200 odd machines so not really an issue with using VAMT and selecting multiple computers. We have used way more activations than machines we actually have. I'm really not how KMS/MAK keys are supposed to relate to the particular actual hardware, I try and use the Force ID match after a system re-build. I think it's a trust thing and if you speak to Microsoft they will give you more activations (with in reason).

Thank Post
    The activation count isn't necessarily the amount of computers/devices activated, as KMS activated clients report back multiple times to the server. You may just be seeing the full count, not the actual count.

James

Thank Post
    If I read the m'soft blurb correctly each work station will reapply for activation every 30 days or so, not just the once, to make sure that it is still licenced. In this case you would see lots of activations, one for every PC every 30 days. My Office 2010 looks like this as I have about 250 PCs running it with thousands of activation records.

Thank Post
    I was going to say somethig similar, doesn't it actually say something like "total activation requests"? As each pc re-activates (or makes sure it can activate) every 30 says or so it should be high!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread