+ Post New Thread
Licensing Questions Thread, EES Scheme - Supplier Withholding Keys? in Technical; Hi, We have just signed up to EES, but the supplier has told us that although we can have Office ...

Thank Post

EES Scheme - Supplier Withholding Keys?

Hi,

We have just signed up to EES, but the supplier has told us that although we can have Office 2010 and Windows 7 installed on all of our machines, we need to pay them to pay them to come out and install it on each machine.

We have technical people on-site, but they won't give us the key, and paying a callout everytime we need Office installing will add a lot to the price!

I was under the impression that we would get our own unique keys, and maybe even access to a key management website (similar to the "Microsoft Volume Licencing Center" site we used to have access to)

Does anyone work in a school with EES -- did the supplier give you your own key for EES, or do you have to pay them to come and install the software for you?

Any advice would be great!

Lol

Thank Post
    If you have brought the license the keys are yours to use - i dont think they can specify that they must install it - ask for copies of your subscription and all relevant keys - failing that contact the UK license centre and ask them for them.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,421 Posts
    Erm you associate a windiws live id with your ees agreement and then login to the volume licensing centre to access your downloads and keys.

Tbh I'd tell this company to jump and let someone like millgate sort it out for you.

Ben

4. Thanks to plexer from:

Millgate (2nd December 2011)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,781 Times in 1,105 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EES should be an agreement that deals with your school alone. If your supplier is operating it for multiple schools on the same agreement and you are not a formal hard-federation of schools (shared SLT / governing body / etc) then they are not using the agreement properly from what I can remember from it. There are some sponsors on here who are EES suppliers and if any offer to PM you then they are likely to give spot on advice ... if you want to speak with someone from MS (and no-one sees it and PMs you) let me know and I'll get someone to contact you.

Thank Post
    I know its cheating bur will magic jellybean spit the code back out for you on a pc thats been done

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,135 Times in 1,031 Posts
    If you have a proper licensing contact (so that the Supplier is screwing you and M$ over), You should be able to contact the licensing guys at M$, I'm pretty sure somebody at m$ would be interested to know how companies are trying to screw you over!

Thank Post
    Yup, you should have access to the VLSC to get your keys, downloads etc - it sounds like they're pulling a very big stunt. The email address you supplied to the supplier should be linked to the agreement, so set up the Live ID to go with it.

Thank Post
    Hi @cuddles,

I can't believe this!!! They have absolutely no right what so ever to do this. The agreement is with you and MS. Are they a MS partner? I'm sure they'll say they are but I doubt they actually will be.

Name and shame the company in the bad experience forum on here to save others making the same mistake.

I deal with MS and these agreements everyday and know a lot of people at MS and distribution. If you send me details either PM or email, I'll see if I can sort this out for you. Ill need as much info as possible.

I still can't believe it!!!!!

Hope this helps you.

Thank Post
    Don't think the supplier will be an MS Partner for very long once they hear about this

At the very least (until you get everything sorted out) as for your agreement number, say you need it for licensing records then go and register on the licensing portal and all your keys will be on there. If they refuse to give the details get on the phone to Microsoft and get them to kick some backside!

Thank Post
    Sadly I have come across this type of behaviour before. As outlined, once the order is processed details will be sent to you and you can then login to VLSC and you will be able to get your details from there. If they can not provide details of your Agreement, I would assume an order has not been processed and consequently I would refuse to pay and engage elsewhere.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,443 Times in 1,891 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The supplier shouldn't even be getting the details of your account in the way they have - they act as a purchasing point, who you provide all the details to, and then microsoft send you all the details to the address on the forms you fill in.

So, it really sounds like this lot are abusing the system or basically lying somewhat. What company is it? Have you checked to see if they are a legit supplier here - https://aer.microsoft.com/aer/searchaer.aspx ?

Thank Post
    *places a small bet on the supplier using the same keys at multiple customers*

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread