+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Licensing Questions Thread, Microsoft EES in Technical; Agreed with @ Millgate , be very very careful to check that what they are quoting is correct and keep ...

Thank Post
    Agreed with @Millgate, be very very careful to check that what they are quoting is correct and keep a paper trail as it's pretty easy for suppliers to quote the wrong part either accidentally or deliberately. Make sure the quote shows the Microsoft part codes and check those codes against the other quotes you receive, if codes vary then investigate.
    It's worth checking that the reseller is actually authorised to sell Educational Licences, a list can be found here - Microsoft UK Education - Software Licensing - Education Licence Resellers

Thank Post
    We have a Microsoft EES agreement due for renewal in July. A reseller has told me that the UK price increases will increase the cost per full time member of staff by 33% and that I could make savings by renewing before the end of May instead of getting stung in July. Has anyone else heard about this or is he just spinning me a yarn??

Thank Post
    It's rubbish, EES prices are staying where they are. Corporate prices are increasing UPTO 33% depending on the agreement

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Millgate View Post
    It's rubbish, EES prices are staying where they are. Corporate prices are increasing UPTO 33% depending on the agreement
    Thanks for the quick response. I thought that may be the case. I did a bit of Google trawling and couldn't find anything about EES going up!

I guess the cheeky blighter was just trying to get our business!

Thank Post
    I got a similar approach - suggesting it was going up by 29% - something to do with Euro regs???

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyJF View Post
    I got a similar approach - suggesting it was going up by 29% - something to do with Euro regs???
    The corporate worlds prices are increasing to bring them inline with the rest of Europe (that's their reasoning). Edu prices will stay the same though

7. 2 Thanks to Millgate:

Gibson335 (18th May 2012), Netman (18th May 2012)

Thank Post
    Hello,

quick question: we bought into the EES scheme, and now we are replacing our server. I know the core cals licences are covered by the scheme, but can we drop the server os licence form the quote as well? Ta!

Thank Post
    Very much agree you need to compare apples with apples however they are also some genuine aggregation agreements out there as well which can lead to better pricing options. Biggest bit of advice I would say is if you are getting your servers covered get the requirment scoped out by a partner - the advice here could save you quite a bit depending on what you are doing and your set up.

Thank Post
    Yes it seems a good idea. Unless you are a special needs school. We have 262 pupils and msny of them have 1 to 1 support, indeed many of them are 2 to 1. This unfairly penalizes us and makes EES prohibatively expaensive. Is that discrimination.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,443 Times in 1,891 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecsam View Post
    Yes it seems a good idea. Unless you are a special needs school. We have 262 pupils and msny of them have 1 to 1 support, indeed many of them are 2 to 1. This unfairly penalizes us and makes EES prohibatively expaensive. Is that discrimination.
    No. Microsoft have other schemes that would better suit you - such as School Agreement or Select. Not every type of license is going to suit every type of institution. If you have a high computer:staff ratio, then one that charges by computer may be right, or if you have a a low ratio then EES may be right. Or if you have a long term replacement cycle, you could go with Select etc...

Thank Post
    If you have a high number of staff to computers, then you still have the option of the School Enrolment rather than EES as the School Enrolment is by number of machines rather than by number of staff. No it's not discrimination, you have two licence models, either by number of computers or number of FTE staff, same as anyone else.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,170 Times in 1,605 Posts
    As others have said, you have to use schools agreement.

Witch, AngryTechnician and I were among edugeeks who assertively reminded Microsoft at the Reading conference that EES was not the best thing since sliced bread for everyone.

It didn't seem to have crossed their mind that EES would not suit every school and that its benefits would not be available to everyone... HUP for example.

Smaller schools have smaller budgets and there is no scope for cost saving on licenses.

Thank Post
    Depending on what you are looking to do - it does not have to be School or OVS-EES - SESP is still available. Again its not a good fit for all but it will be for some.

Thank Post
    We are a school with 200 PCs. If we were to go down the route of EES how is this priced up, I have seen it is by staff...but what about pupils? or number of PCs...confused

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by boogster View Post
    We are a school with 200 PCs. If we were to go down the route of EES how is this priced up, I have seen it is by staff...but what about pupils? or number of PCs...confused
    Hi @boogster,

It's based on your Full Time Employee count. Nothing to do with your pupils if you're just after the usual OS and Office. Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or need a quote

Luke

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast