+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Licensing Questions Thread, EES in Technical; I have just been givin a price around the 8k mark for this new licence with ees. Now I have ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Exclamation EES

I have just been givin a price around the 8k mark for this new licence with ees. Now I have a feeling this is wrong. pardon me but what the HELL! is going on with EES licensing does anyone know lol. I also rang M$ and they dont know ANYTHING about what is going on with this new licence model i was on the phone for like an hour and half and most thme I was on hold whlist tried to find out

all I keep seeing is you only need to licence the number of staff you have. and if you want software assureance and if you want to give out office to staff and students etc etc

I cant see any easy way for it to tell me. what i need to do with my servers e.g tell them how many i have or what software is in it e.g SQL or Sharepoint or even how many computers are in the school. and time is running out

any one in the same boat as me?

Thank Post
    From my understanding:

You license your desktop packs based upon the number of full time staff you have.
    You license your servers based on the number of licenses you require for the servers/services you run (ie if you have 10 Windows servers, 2 SQL and 1 Exchange you'll get 10 windows server licences, 2 SQL licences [dependant on whether you're licensing per CPU or what for your SQL] and 1 Exchange licence)
    Work at home rights for staff seem to be included (but it's that old must be used for work purposes thing which mean I've never given this out!)
    Software Assurance also seems included
    Student licensing is available for their home computers, seems to be purchased on a per student basis, minimum of 100 licences

Thank Post
    You can choose what software to license. I received a price for Windows 7 and Office 2010 based on 92 members of staff (anyone who does over 200 hours a year who could have a access to a computer)

Here are the per year prices : -

92 x WinPro ALNG UpgrdSAPk OLV E 1Y Ent
    £12.93
    £1,189.56

92 x OfficeProPlusEdu ALNG LicSAPk OLV E 1Y Ent
    £17.51
    £1,610.92

Teachers and students can also purchase boxed products at the indivudual price listed above.

We got our quote through our software reseller which in our case is Phoenix Software.

Hope this helps!

Gary

Thank Post
    EES is indeed based on a fixed sub price per FTE staff count. You can buy individual licences for Win7, Office (Win and Mac versions now) and CALs, or you can buy a desktop suite of all three together. There is a minimum order size of 300 "points" ie it's 1 point per licence so a desktop suite licence is 3 points. However, schools who were on the old Schools scheme with more points than that are not being asked to resubmit to reach the minimum. Kevin, have a read of this document from MS, which is the clearest one I've found so far. http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...ram_guide.docx

5. 2 Thanks to Robbocop:

kaphc (7th April 2011), OverWorked (1st March 2011)

Thank Post
    I thought pricing hadn’t been realised for EES yet!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,469 Times in 1,913 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ticker View Post
    I thought pricing hadn’t been realised for EES yet!
    Pricing came out a week or so ago. The scheme doesn't start until March though.

Thank Post
    As localzuk says, pricing is with all us resellers now. Although the program doesn't start till March one of the MS guys at BETT told me that any existing scheme ending in February would not need to be renewed if schools preferred to switch to EES. They'll allow a "grace period" to cover the gap.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbocop View Post
    As localzuk says, pricing is with all us resellers now.
    Whats the enterprise desktop cost?

Thank Post
    Most people will be on level E pricing and should pay about £35 per staff member for the enterprise desktop suite with Core CAL, and about £43 per staff member for the version with Enterprise CAL. Bear in mind that the total price is worked out on staff head count, but the EES licence does cover all devices on the site. Check the doc link I posted to work out your FTE head count. You can add other things like additional licences (servers and other services), staff copies and student copies, but if you want a proper quotation from a reseller you need to list everything and give us your FTE number. The pricelist is huge and very complex and I wouldn't be comfortable trying to quote anything on the forum. But I hope that gives you an indication anyway.

11. 3 Thanks to Robbocop:

BatchFile (3rd March 2011), sonofsanta (16th February 2011), Theblacksheep (16th February 2011)

Thank Post
    Can someone tell me where the 200hrs per year comes from for FTE. I haven't been able to find a figure in any of the literature.

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,451 Times in 998 Posts
    Blog Entries
    So how does the formula come in to play if the barrier for "full time" is set at 200 hours per year? I don't know what working conditions are like at Microsoft but if 4 hours a week is enough to get you full time pay I'm going to start keeping my eyes open...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofsanta View Post
    So how does the formula come in to play if the barrier for "full time" is set at 200 hours per year? I don't know what working conditions are like at Microsoft but if 4 hours a week is enough to get you full time pay I'm going to start keeping my eyes open...
    Heh! I know what you mean. The answer as to why the figure looks so low is no doubt that it bumps up the FTE figure so you need to buy more Seriously though EES is working out far cheaper for most of the people we've quoted so far. There might be a slight problem for very small or low IT provisioned schools who haven't been on a School contract before. Regardless of your FTE count you have to hit a minimum points level of 300 unless you've already qualified in the past. Any school already on a School or Campus agreement should be looking at EES.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    thanks for all the info i will def be looking at that doc

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hi sorry just looked at the doc yea i have got it and been reading through it. and been trying to wrap my head around this so i have the figures of my FTE staff (head count) i got told that there wasn't a min any more you just give them the count of how many staff you have. is this wrong ? i def want to take up the student software and staff but what about other software such as my data protection manager and what if i want system config manager 2007. this is a bit new too me so I'm sorry if I'm coming across dumb but going from counting how many computers to how many full time staff we have is giving me a bit of a head ace and how they work it all out and just making sure its legal as well.

also how does it work as are an Microsoft Academy Partner

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast