+ Post New Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Licensing Questions Thread, Licensing changes for schools - there's good news coming at BETT in Technical; Originally Posted by localzuk That price looks amazingly similar to the Schools Agreement price, rather than the EES price. I've ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    That price looks amazingly similar to the Schools Agreement price, rather than the EES price.
    I've just spoken to Grey Matter to get a quote as those prices would be awesome. They are adamant that pricing for the new scheme is NOT available to schools until March. The prices that are one here ARE schools agreements NOT EES according to their man (John Lockwood?)

Please don't shoot the messengar!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jcollings View Post
    I've just spoken to Grey Matter to get a quote as those prices would be awesome. They are adamant that pricing for the new scheme is NOT available to schools until March. The prices that are one here ARE schools agreements NOT EES according to their man (John Lockwood?)

I wonder if they are obliged to stick to their quote confirmation price even if they are quoting the wrong prices?

My manager spoke to both john and lisa there and he made it sound as if they confirmed those prices o_O

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,408 Times in 1,864 Posts
    Blog Entries

They've obviously been given some duff info then, as the pricing is definitely out now.

Thank Post

Sorry, but that's not true. EES agreements cannot be set up until March, but pricing has definitely been released.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Couple of companies I've spoken to still haven't had pricing through yet, although I have had quotes of 32/33 for a standard desktop pack from several.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveJ View Post
    Sorry, but that's not true. EES agreements cannot be set up until March, but pricing has definitely been released.
    Well of the 3 companiess that I have spoken to they are all saying the same. They reckon they have had internal price indications but can't release them for schools. One did say that there is new pricing for FE colleges and that is available but not the schools pricing.
    If you have access to official pricing I would suggest posting it may be useful!

Thank Post
    We get pricing from Distribution a month in advance, I can't comment on other companies but that's the case with us (otherwise we couldn't quote on renewals until they'd expired).

The pricing will depend on the quantity you'd be purchasing but as a general rule the cost price of EES is 30% higher per unit than Schools agreement.

As an example, if you had an FTE of 100 I'd suggest a price of around 36-37 per FTE for Desktop. Different companies will differ of course

EES pricing for FE/HE has been around since December.

If you post you FTE & Product(s) I can give you a rough guide to pricing.
    Last edited by SteveJ; 10th February 2011 at 01:15 PM.

Thank Post
    We have just been quoted at 32.87 per FTE (based on 68 FTE's) for the desktop pack under the new EES agreements and that is from Phoenix.
    Our account manager said this is the new pricing but the EES agreement does not commence until March 1st.

Thank Post
    Starting to get our quotes through now. For us just having the standard desktop pack (OS, Office, CALs), it seems a price range of 32-35 is realistic and that is based on our FTE count of ~75. I'm guessing where the FTE count is bigger then the lower end of that scale is achieveable. We're looking to slice 6k off our agreement which equates to a 70% reduction - incredible!
    Our agreement is due for renewal in April which seems like the perfect time really.

Thank Post
    I m getting 41 for 55 ENTERPRISE CAL licences, anyone getting cheaper?

Thank Post
    I'd be looking for the desktop pack also, based on 132 FTE...
    Last edited by MGSTech; 17th February 2011 at 03:01 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 918 Posts
    To all those looking at the Desktop Enterprise Pack, remember the Enterprise CAL pack includes a lot of SCCM bits and includes Forefront Anti-Virus as part of it so you can start to consider ditching Sophos without spending any more money !

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    To all those looking at the Desktop Enterprise Pack, remember the Enterprise CAL pack includes a lot of SCCM bits and includes Forefront Anti-Virus as part of it so you can start to consider ditching Sophos without spending any more money !
    The standard desktop cal includes the SCCM stuff, doesn't include the Forefront stuff though:

the enterprise Desktop includes: win 7ent, Office pro plus, Exchange standard and ent cals, window server standard cals, sharepoint standard and enterprise Cals, all of the current components of the Forefront Protection Suite,Lync Server 2010 Standard CAL, Lync Server 2010 Enterprise CAL,Windows Server 2008 Rights Management Services CAL, Forefront Unified Access Gateway 2010 CAL and all of the current components of the System Center Client Management Suite.

Forefront Protection Suite
    Forefront Protection Suite is versionless and product use rights are those in effect during the term of corresponding Enterprise CAL Suite Software Assurance coverage. A subscription to Forefront Protection Suite consists of the following online services: Forefront Client Security, Forefront for Office Communications Server (formerly Antigen for Instant Messaging), Forefront Online Protection for Exchange (formerly Exchange Hosted Filtering), Forefront Protection 2010 for Exchange Server, Forefront Threat Management Gateway Web Protection Service and Forefront Protection 2010 for SharePoint Server

System Center Client Management Suite
    System Center Client Management Suite is versionless and product use rights are those in effect during the term of corresponding Enterprise CAL Suite Software Assurance coverage. System Center Client Management Suite provides rights equivalent to the following: System Center Operations Manager Client Management License, System Center Data Protection Manager Client Management License, and System Center Service Manager Client Management License

Standard Desktop includes: Windows 7 ent, Office pro plus, Exchange standard cals, window server standard cals, sharepoint Cals and SCCM,.

Another bargain is the System Centre Suite, 18 for std, 50 for ent:
    Comprehensive solution for end-to-end management of physical and low-density virtual server environments that includes the Enterprise Server management licenses for Operations Manager 2007 R2, Configuration Manager 2007 R2, Data Protection Manager 2010, Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2; Service Manager 2010; the Management Server license for Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2; the Management Server License for Data Protection Manager 2010; and, rights to manage up to four (4) Virtual Operating System Environments (VOSEs) plus the Physical Operating System Environment (POSE) provided the POSE is limited to supporting the virtualization capability.

Thank Post
    So am i right in thinking so long as you'r getting the enterprise desktop solution you don't have to pay extra for server licenses? I'm pretty sure (though not certain) we've always been paying for server licenses seperately every year! In which case we may be able to save ourself a few bob by cutting that off!

Thank Post
    You still need to purchase the server licenses either on the same agreement or you could buy them as a one off purchase through a select agreement. The ent desktop covers the connection cals, not the actual server purchase.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast