+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 147
Licensing Questions Thread, Licensing changes for schools - there's good news coming at BETT in Technical; Originally Posted by localzuk What calculation did they use to come to your FTE count? ie. how many hours a ...
  1. #91
    mrbios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Stroud, Gloucestershire
    Posts
    2,449
    Thank Post
    349
    Thanked 255 Times in 210 Posts
    Rep Power
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    What calculation did they use to come to your FTE count? ie. how many hours a year etc...?
    We got our business/finance manager to give us our FTE, so i've no idea myself

  2. #92

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Aberystwyth
    Posts
    45
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
    Rep Power
    11
    For Microsoft it needs to be any member of staff who works over 200 hours per year, excluding those who do not have access to your PC's/network (Cooks, cleaners, etc). Make sure it's calculated correctly before you place an order to save hassle in the future

  3. #93

    localzuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minehead
    Posts
    17,631
    Thank Post
    514
    Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,890 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    831
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbios View Post
    We got our business/finance manager to give us our FTE, so i've no idea myself
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveJ View Post
    For Microsoft it needs to be any member of staff who works over 200 hours per year, excluding those who do not have access to your PC's/network (Cooks, cleaners, etc). Make sure it's calculated correctly before you place an order to save hassle in the future
    This is my fear - schools are going to end up licensing what they think is FTE when MS thinks something different. For example, half of our TAs work part-time but they still work more than 200 hours a year.

  4. #94

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Aberystwyth
    Posts
    45
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
    Rep Power
    11
    It doesn't help that when you look at the MS site you see the American way (1x Full Time Faculty + 1/2 x Part time Faculty etc.) used.

    Why they changed it for Europe only MS knows....

  5. #95
    mrbios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Stroud, Gloucestershire
    Posts
    2,449
    Thank Post
    349
    Thanked 255 Times in 210 Posts
    Rep Power
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    This is my fear - schools are going to end up licensing what they think is FTE when MS thinks something different. For example, half of our TAs work part-time but they still work more than 200 hours a year.
    We went through all that with our finance manager over the requirements, we're amost certain 117 is the correct figure for us.

  6. #96

    teejay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,174
    Thank Post
    284
    Thanked 773 Times in 583 Posts
    Rep Power
    335
    What happens if you have 2 staff doing job share, do you count them both seperately or as 1?

  7. #97

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Aberystwyth
    Posts
    45
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
    Rep Power
    11
    If they both do over 200 hours per year I'm 99% sure it'll be 2 FTE

  8. #98
    mrbios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Stroud, Gloucestershire
    Posts
    2,449
    Thank Post
    349
    Thanked 255 Times in 210 Posts
    Rep Power
    98
    We decided to get 3 quotes for this, boy are we glad we did!

    New price from 3rd quotation:
    4,128.74 exvat

    That's not just for the 118FTE but for everything we license! That's a saving of 11k on last year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    They're doing it for 26.96 per FTE

  9. #99

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    124
    Thank Post
    61
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbios View Post
    We decided to get 3 quotes for this, boy are we glad we did!

    New price from 3rd quotation:
    4,128.74 exvat

    That's not just for the 118FTE but for everything we license! That's a saving of 11k on last year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    They're doing it for 26.96 per FTE
    Who is that quote with? Is that for desktop pro pack?

  10. #100
    mrbios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Stroud, Gloucestershire
    Posts
    2,449
    Thank Post
    349
    Thanked 255 Times in 210 Posts
    Rep Power
    98
    We're getting back to them to see if they got it right because we don't think they did

  11. #101


    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8,202
    Thank Post
    442
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts
    Rep Power
    339
    What about contractors, eg when catering depts are outsourced.
    Or other 'employees' such as police/social services liason officers who work in a school but are employed by the LA.

    technically I'm not even employed by the school. I'm employed by the LA as well, and so are all our staff......

  12. #102
    mrbios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Stroud, Gloucestershire
    Posts
    2,449
    Thank Post
    349
    Thanked 255 Times in 210 Posts
    Rep Power
    98
    Managers just got on to grey matter about the 4128 price, apparently it's the correct price and confirmed that it's the desktop enterprise package the same as the other 2 quotes, this is what we're paying and what for:

    26.96 per FTE x 118
    21.04 per Windows Server std x 23
    303 for SQL Server license
    175 for exchange server enterprise

    Last year: 16,150
    This year: 4,128

    Absolutely incredible change, and for more like it should be!!!

  13. #103

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Aberystwyth
    Posts
    45
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
    Rep Power
    11
    Looking at that, 26.96 is way below the cost price and more like what the price was per unit under the old schools agreement... I'd be a little wary. Would be worth checking what the MS part number is for the quoted items (for Desktop it should be 2UJ-00011).

  14. #104

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    124
    Thank Post
    61
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbios View Post
    Managers just got on to grey matter about the 4128 price, apparently it's the correct price and confirmed that it's the desktop enterprise package the same as the other 2 quotes, this is what we're paying and what for:

    26.96 per FTE x 118
    21.04 per Windows Server std x 23
    303 for SQL Server license
    175 for exchange server enterprise

    Last year: 16,150
    This year: 4,128

    Absolutely incredible change, and for more like it should be!!!
    Thanks for info - who was quote from? Edit - just re-read and saw grey matter....

    We are after 151 FTE licenses - if in this agreement is it like select with regards to cheaper other licenses like you have put for server 2008? if so this has only just dawned on me as a bonus...
    Last edited by mcnallyfc; 10th February 2011 at 10:12 AM. Reason: edit

  15. #105

    localzuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minehead
    Posts
    17,631
    Thank Post
    514
    Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,890 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    831
    That price looks amazingly similar to the Schools Agreement price, rather than the EES price.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. MS Schools Agreement - Good news for Schools
    By SteveJ in forum Licensing Questions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 24th May 2011, 02:06 PM
  2. What are our schools coming to:
    By laserblazer in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 26th April 2009, 09:01 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •