+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Licensing Questions Thread, Licensing changes for schools - there's good news coming at BETT in Technical; I was on the blower to Viglen earlier and they said that they are still awaiting pricing....
    Thank Post
    I was on the blower to Viglen earlier and they said that they are still awaiting pricing.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbocop View Post
    Just echoing points covered in this post. Pricing has now been released and it looks very good. We think the vast majority of schools will save money. One of the MS guys told me at BETT that if anyone's existing agreement is due to end before EES starts next month you can ask them to extend your existing agreement to cover you rather than being forced to take out another year of the existing plan. They were hoping to do that extension for free. Work At Home rights are included free, and since the EES scheme is covered by Software Assurance, you will still be able to invoke the Home Use Program to buy low cost licences for staff if you want to. HUP gives a lot more freedom in terms of what staff are allowed to use it for. If you already have a School or Campus Enrolment it looks like you automatically qualify for EES should you want it, and schools who haven't been involved in this type of scheme before just have to have a minimum number of systems in school. That's still slightly unclear, but so far we haven't had any problems.
    Thats great, one huge benefit is access to the technet subscription which also provides 2 support calls. If we extend for 3 months will this benefit still be available. We have already used our 2 support calls btw.

Thank Post
    Pricing is fully available both from distributors which provide to all Authorised Education Resellers and from MS direct for the Large Account Resellers. Our pricing from distribution did take longer to recieve - I guess thats due to MS providing it to them and them adjusting it and importing it into their systems before pushing it out.

4. Thanks to KeithMPhoenix from:

bodminman (7th February 2011)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cache View Post
    The minimum over 100 licences was initially mentioned to me, however I've since been told (as mentioned above) that it doesn't apply and that the minimum is 5.

Haven't been able to get anyone else to confirm the 5 though (although slightly worrying that you've now mentioned the 100 figure that was first mentioned to me).
    We are under the impression that it is 5.

6. Thanks to SteveJ from:

Cache (7th February 2011)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithMPhoenix View Post
    Pricing is fully available both from distributors which provide to all Authorised Education Resellers and from MS direct for the Large Account Resellers. Our pricing from distribution did take longer to recieve - I guess thats due to MS providing it to them and them adjusting it and importing it into their systems before pushing it out.
    I've just been on the phone to Viglen again and they have said that they still do not have any pricing!

Thank Post
    I've been speaking with Insight, they tried to give me pricing on Friday however the guy I've been emailing says he has been sent the wrong prices from Microsoft. He is expecting the correct information from them on Tuesday, so hopefully I can get some details from him then.

Thank Post
    It is indeed 5 FTE's - this is for what is called OVS-ES, basically 999 FTE's and below. There is EES for 1000 FTE's and above.

With regard to pricing - there are a few distributors who can supply it to resellers so that maybe why some have it and some dont. The 1000 plus - all LARs will have this as its from MS, and on the disti side, I assume those who dont have it will get it today.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by KeithMPhoenix; 7th February 2011 at 09:43 AM.

Thank Post
    One other thing - and I dont really want to muddy the water further :-) - the above what I put is correct, however there is something else happening this month which means that if you have a requirement, that is worth 300 points, you do have additional options. As mentioned - dont want to muddy the water, and the previous post provides the main facts that you need.

Thank Post
    One other thing - and I dont really want to muddy the water further :-) - the above what I put is correct, however there is something else happening this month which means that if you have a requirement, that is worth 300 points, you do have additional options. As mentioned - dont want to muddy the water, and the previous post provides the main facts that you need.
    I'd be interested in hearing what happens around the 300point mark. Our schools agreement is huge (450-500 machines and lots of addons = around 19k/year!) so I suspect we'll be at or above the 300 point mark

Thank Post
    It is indeed 5 FTE's - this is for what is called OVS-ES, basically 999 FTE's and below. There is EES for 1000 FTE's and above.

With regard to pricing - there are a few distributors who can supply it to resellers so that maybe why some have it and some dont. The 1000 plus - all LARs will have this as its from MS, and on the disti side, I assume those who dont have it will get it today.

Hope this helps.
    I'm assuming from the last part of your name you are from Phoenix Software...?
    If so, can you confirm whether you have pricing yet - I have been in touch with my latest replacement 'account manager' who seems to be giving me the run around.

Thank Post
    We do indeed have both the Disti pricing and the LAR pricing. I will investigate!
    Last edited by KeithMPhoenix; 7th February 2011 at 11:34 AM.

14. Thanks to KeithMPhoenix from:

mb2k01 (7th February 2011)

Thank Post
    We do indeed have both the Disti pricing and the LAR pricing. I will investigate!
    Thank you for your swift reply / PM / action - greatly appreciated.

Thank Post
    Does anyone know the buy out costing? i know previously it was something like 1.5 x annual payment. What is it with the EES?

Thank Post
    There doesn't appear to be a buy out option now. (it used to be 2x-3x more expensive depending of you had a 3 or 1 year agreement). It wasn't much cheaper than Select licenses unless you had a 3 year agreement anyway)

18. Thanks to SteveJ from:

mcnallyfc (8th February 2011)

Thank Post

Nice

Just fired my email off to Phoenix for some pricing. We dont have a desktop agreement (happy with the OS installed - CALs and office as schools agreements). But this will give us the option to upgrade OS now. I was worrying about the 100 minimum as we dont need that many (70 fte) if the minimum isnt 100 then I know i'll be saving around 1500 a year which is nice. Might splash out on enterprise CALS and get sccm forefront (just renewed sophos - damn) and just keep quiet about the cheaper licencing....

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast