+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Licensing Questions Thread, Licensing changes for schools - there's good news coming at BETT in Technical; Originally Posted by jpaterson Also, I see that there looks to be a limitation? Minimum initial order of 300 units. ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jpaterson View Post
    Also, I see that there looks to be a limitation? Minimum initial order of 300 units. Does that relate to FTE's? If that is the case, mcnallyfc and I are scuppered!
    I saw that but wondered if it was limited to Higher Education establishments and not schools?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfish View Post
    You'd be correct in your thinking . Our current schools agreement costs for the Desktop Pack is around 25-26/pc, while Desktop Pack w/Ent CAL is around 31/pc. From what I've heard (and from seeing Campus pricing which is FTE) we can expect that pricing to likely double, although it could be even higher.
    Double - ouch that would be a shame, although technically cheaper still works out a lot more than ideally would like to pay.

edit - sorry for seperate 3 replies thought it would automatically group them, maybe a mod can put them all in one reply to tidy up? thanks

Thank Post
    Also, I see that there looks to be a limitation? Minimum initial order of 300 units. Does that relate to FTE's? If that is the case, mcnallyfc and I are scuppered!
    300 units normally relates to the total order. Each thing you add has a unit cost associated with it. I can't remember what the unit costs were for the various things you could order under schools agreement as we were always well over the 100 unit minimum!

4. Thanks to Soulfish from:

jpaterson (26th January 2011)

Thank Post
    300 units normally relates to the total order. Each thing you add has a unit cost associated with it. I can't remember what the unit costs were for the various things you could order under schools agreement as we were always well over the 100 unit minimum!
    Ahhh! Thanks for the clarification!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    This all sounds great for the budget as along as they don't hike up the price 1st. However one thing I think that is compleat madness is full time member of staff classed as 200 hours per year. Our cleaners do more than that surely this goal post need to be moved?

Am I the only one who thinks this is crazy?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shoggie View Post
    This all sounds great for the budget as along as they don't hike up the price 1st. However one thing I think that is compleat madness is full time member of staff classed as 200 hours per year. Our cleaners do more than that surely this goal post need to be moved?

Am I the only one who thinks this is crazy?
    It only applies to those who have access to IT equipment.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Thank

I am aware of that but 200 hours is still low in my mind I mean we have Music peri's teachers that only work about 10 hours a week but have access to computers.

Thank Post
    I'm trying to get a better definition than the 200 hours one, as this makes no real sense when used in relationship with the term 'Full Time Equivelent' staff... The American (?) FAQ gives the following formula which, to my mind, makes far more sense:

Total faculty/staff FTE = Full-time faculty + (Part-time faculty / 3) + Full-time staff + (Part-time staff /2)

Although where faculty and staff are defined in relationship to schools is a different matter, presumbly faculty are teachers and assistance, and staff anyone else?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,308 Times in 1,784 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyd View Post
    I'm trying to get a better definition than the 200 hours one, as this makes no real sense when used in relationship with the term 'Full Time Equivelent' staff... The American (?) FAQ gives the following formula which, to my mind, makes far more sense:

Total faculty/staff FTE = Full-time faculty + (Part-time faculty / 3) + Full-time staff + (Part-time staff /2)

Although where faculty and staff are defined in relationship to schools is a different matter, presumbly faculty are teachers and assistance, and staff anyone else?
    Except the 200 hours part is what's used to define 'full time'.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Yes 200 hours full time is the crazy bit. Can I work 200 hours a year and be classed as full time and still keep my current wage I dont think so full time is at least 30 hours a week to me, and yes before comments come back I do do more than 30 hours a week

Thank Post
    From what I've heard (and from seeing Campus pricing which is FTE) we can expect that pricing to likely double, although it could be even higher.
    Campus pricing is about 20% higher than Schools per unit, if they base it on this, EES'd be about 35 for desktop.

I'm pretty sure that this is for HE/FE. Schools has a much lower limit (I think I heard 5 from somewhere).

Quote Originally Posted by tonyd View Post

It's definately 200 hours I'm afraid:

"In EMEA, counting FTEs for EES remains the same as it is in Campus Enrollment today.
    FTE Employees = faculty and staff who work more than 200 hours per year."
    Last edited by SteveJ; 27th January 2011 at 09:26 AM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    So based off 200 hours, all our staff will be down as full time then.

And actually, all our staff won't bring us up to the minimum 300 Unit's order for just the Desktop pack

Edit: Never mind, worked out some extra goodies I can have to meet 300.
    Last edited by Cache; 28th January 2011 at 07:52 PM.

Thank Post
    Not sure how true this is but I have heard from a certain supplier that the prices are going to be realised today! Anyone else heard this?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    My usual supplier phoned up this morning to say there was a rumour of pricing going round but nothing's appeared as of it

Thank Post
    I've been trying to find out information on pricing for this, purely as someone on the Microsoft Stand at BETT said it would be available from the 1st February.

Anyone heard anything as yet?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast