+ Post New Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
Licensing Questions Thread, Licensing changes for schools - there's good news coming at BETT in Technical; Question I have is with the schools agreement we had previously we had access to a Technet Agreement via Software ...
    Thank Post
    Question I have is with the schools agreement we had previously we had access to a Technet Agreement via Software Assurance. Does this benefit still stand? I make good use of the Technet agreement via forums, 2 free support calls and the e-learning features, would be great to continue to use these.....

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,688 Times in 1,502 Posts
    I don't think it's included.

You do know that your 2 support calls can't be used for production issues.

Ben

Thank Post
    Does anyone know if there is a minimum number of machines/staff for this new licensing structure?

One of the primaries I support is looking to go Server 2008 R2 \ Windows 7 soon but only has 6 FTE's and 12 computers.

Thanks

Thank Post
    Technet still comes with ess, you also get the support calls and I've never had issues using the support calls for live systems.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,688 Times in 1,502 Posts
    The support calls you receive with technet are not supposed to be for live production problems it says so in the T&C's.

Ben

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by plexer View Post
    The support calls you receive with technet are not supposed to be for live production problems it says so in the T&C's.

Ben
    Just checked, the Pro Support calls can be used for live systems as long as you can replicate the error in a non production environment, it's just the technet software downloads which are limited to non live systems.

edit: added some clarification.
    Last edited by teejay; 28th March 2011 at 08:06 PM.

Thank Post
    Quick question
    2UJ-00011 is that the core cal desktop product or the enterprise? Can't seem to find anything out about product numbers.
    and also does it cover you for use of legacy products such office 2007 or 2003? thanks in advance
    Last edited by krisd32; 31st March 2011 at 10:12 AM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by krisd32 View Post
    Quick question
    2UJ-00011 is that the core cal desktop product or the enterprise? Can't seem to find anything out about product numbers.
    Kris, it is confusing it's true, because the product code does have "Ent" in it. That refers to the Office component, which Microsoft see as an enterprise product. 2UJ-00011 combines Office, the Windows 7 upgrade and the CORE CAL package. If you want the Enterprise CAL package the code you need is 2UJ-00007 DsktpEdu ALNG LicSAPk OLV E 1Y Ent EntCAL - with the EntCAL bit at the end as the only clue It costs about 6 Quid more than the one with Core CAL.

9. Thanks to Robbocop from:

krisd32 (31st March 2011)

Thank Post
    Technet is included in two ways both as part of the Software Assurance benefits.

a) 2 accounts for chat and forums on technet
    b) 1 complimentary Technet Professional account.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ect View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a minimum number of machines/staff for this new licensing structure?
    Minimum is 5 FTEs.

Quote Originally Posted by krisd32 View Post
    Quick question
    and also does it cover you for use of legacy products such office 2007 or 2003? thanks in advance
    Yes it covers previous versions of Office. Not sure how far back you can go but it definately covers 2003.

Regarding Technet, do you still have to purchase 5 Server licenses to get it?

Also worth noting that I found out today that Forefront Endpoint Protection is planned for Core CALs from August 2011, so assuming it goes ahead it will be great news for Schools.

Thank Post
    Hi, we are a school moving to a new site in July so now is as good a time as any to start looking at our licenses.

We have calculated 21 FTE staff (200+ and needing to use a computer) and at the new site will have 101 machines (90 netbooks & 11 desktops) requiring licenses for CALs, Windows 7 Professional and Microsoft Office 2010 Professional. Plus 1 server which will need licensing for Windows Server 2008 R2.

Having looked at the prices for EES vs Schools Licensing, it seems that EES is the way to go. Just for my own peace of mind, I'm wondering we've got this right or is it too good to be true. Has anyone found any restrictions that have made them decide not to go for EES? Also, does a price of £35 per unit per year for the 21 FTEs seem reasonable? (And to be straight, I'm not asking for quotes as we're placing a bulk order for other things as well - just checking we're not being ripped off).

Thank Post
    Sorry for the double post, just started going through some more pages on this thread and found the answer to my question on price already! Nil points for me for trying to save some time and skim-read the thread to get to the end!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910