+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Licensing Questions Thread, Cubase 5 in Technical; Hi David. I need to be careful what I tell you here so let me start by saying I'm giving ...
    Thank Post
    Hi David. I need to be careful what I tell you here so let me start by saying I'm giving you a personal opinion which you will need to check with Steinberg before you act Looking at Steinberg's end user licence agreement (EULA) Terms & Conditions*:**|*http://www.steinberg.net/ this part caught my attention:
    If the software is protected by the eLicenser alone, you may install a license for the software on one or at most 3 computers which are in your possession. The software may be used only on one of the computers at the same time by using the USB-eLicenser. If the software (i) is protected by the Soft-eLicenser (alone or together with the USB-eLicenser) or (ii) has been sold to the first end user together with other software and/or hardware (hereinafter "OEM software") or (iii) the software can be used only for a running time of 30 days (hereinafter "Trial Version Software"), you may install and use a license for the software only on one computer which is in your possession.
    The use of the software within a network is illegal where there is the possibility of a contemporaneous multiple use of the program.

Note that you can use the software only on computers which belong to you. That would appear to make students with their own computers ineligible. You'll have to decide whether it's possible for you to fool the eLicencer on your network and run more instances that you have licences for. If you can't, it seems that they are happy for you to run it across the network Or did I read that wrong? I'm sorry though Dave I really don't know how good the audio performance is when using RDP across a network. I know the latest version allows it, bidirectional too, but I haven't hear it for myself. I hope that helps a little at least and I'm sorry I can't really advise you how to proceed.

2. Thanks to Robbocop from:

dhicks (29th October 2010)

Thank Post
    Just thought I'd mention, If you're looking for 40 Sibelius, it shouldn't come to £7k, more like £3k as they offer a volume license for £79 each for 10 or more copies

Thank Post
    Sibelius has always been a pretty good deal for education. Basically the smallest multi seat licence is for 5 users and costs about the same as 2 singles. In other words, it doesn't make sense to buy more than one single seat. Once you own a site licence you can add extra seats any time you like in any quantity at a really low price. Much better than most music software licence schemes, I must say!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12